The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Squeeking from engine bay while cold?

Getrag

I've got a mouse in my engine bay and it runs away when it warms up...but not all the way a way.

Anyway...

Think its one of the many belts maybe feeling the strain? Im going to change the cambelt again soon so think I'll change all the belts in there while I'm at it. Which ones are there to change?

How much was it please?

I would investigate further before spending in "possible" fixes if i were you...

I had a squeel in the bay and i changed all belts and it still remained, it turned out to be a worn air con clutch pulley (i think thats how you call it anyway)

There are a couple of other worn parts which could cause this type of noise, so better have it checked by a pro in my opinion.

Dan

Not unless you smash up the tensioner when you get it, rob the wheel and send the remaining part(icles) back for a refund right? ;)

I have the same problem and I'm convinced it's my aircon 'clutch' or whatever dilocruzys problem was. Turn the A/C on at startup and it squeals and squeals, turn it off, it squeals a little once and then disappears for good. Very strange.

I booked it in with Chris Wilson a while ago but I don't think he found anything wrong with it. It just comes and goes at times. Only time will tell :(

Could be any of these:

V belt

V belt tensioner

Power steering pump bearing

Water pump

Crank pulley - have the space checked between the inner and outer parts of the Pulley. I'll try and dig up what the space should be

Edit - Found it:

Thanks to Jake for suggesting a Dodgy Crank Pulley.

A big thanks to Absxxxx for taking the trouble to put my car on a ramp and check the car out properly...indeed a dodgy crank pulley!

The Pulley space on Abs's Supra is 1.35mm, on mines it's sticking out by 32mm!! This is also making the Aux belt go in a slight angle.

Time to get a new Crank Pulley!

Thanks guys, much appreciated :)