The mkiv Supra Owners Club

tried this

captainchaos

I like the sound of this, but if it is such an easy mod why is it not listed as a standard BPU upgrade for 6 speeds.

Can somone shead more light on the subject.

Does this mod mean that both turbos come on line together at around 3k rpm. Where as in nornal mode No.1 come on at 2K rpm and No2. at 4k rpm.

I like the sound of this, but if it is such an easy mod why is it not listed as a standard BPU upgrade for 6 speeds.

Does this mod mean that both turbos come on line together at around 3k rpm. Where as in nornal mode No.1 come on at 2K rpm and No2. at 4k rpm.

Its a love it or hate it mod, you dont gain any more BHP but some would argue better mid range power which i agree with and no more being taken by suprise by number 2.

Both turbos come on full sing at 4K rpm, better fuel economy, meatier exhaust note.

Paul,

As you know I have a BPU 6 Speed. I hated it! Car will make a more horrible 'Drone' noise even at Idle. On Motorways it was unbearable!

Ro

Anyway I run ETTC on my auto. Most of the time I run in seq except on motorways/crusing where I switch to TTC as a fuel saving measure. I actually prefer seq, as being an auto most normal driving is low in the rev range,where I can get the best from tubbie no 1 but always have kickdown if i need it. I also prefer the fact that in seq i have full boost by about 3600rpm whereas in TTC its not till 4000rpm ish.

I tried this it was good for a few weeks, and I loved the deeper exhaust note! But after a while I started to miss the second kick up the ar*e, also my boost levels kept going through the roof and I was hitting the fuel cut all the time.

The ettc mod is done by bypassing a couple of the pins on the ecu with a switch one of the other members has done a guide on his website I can't for the life of remember who though?? :search:

I run TTC, have done since having turbo problems (sorted now) but i have never gone back, mine is done slightly different to most methods mentioned, i have the IACV and the EGCV both wired open, but i also have none of the rest of the VSV in operation, boost is solely controlled by the two turbo waste gates and the restrictor ring, don't have any spiking issues, boost will go to 1.2-1.25 i also get 1bar by 3,200-3,500 RPM and now i have the fuelling sorted and not going silly rich on boost, the power delivery is better:)