The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cheapish 6 Speed Single On Pistonheads

mr lover

Personally, I think this is quite a bargain. I know this car as we've had it at the workshop to fit an alarm system and the obligatory fog light.

It was imported from Japan as it is. Yes, it is running 440's with a pair of additionals, but it's also barely using the bloody great T78 as it's only set up to run 1.1 bar, (Hence why it made less power than Burts).

It's a ready done genuine Greddy T78 full kit. All it needs is the fuelling sorting out and it'll go like stink.

Anyone that's done a single before will know how much time, effort and cost is involved. Hence why IMHO it's a bargain.

looks like a bigtime bargin to me too matt, someone just needs to set that up on some bigger injectors and a different ecu and then they could sell for much more or run 700+bhp and enjoy:) :cool: very nice looks pretty tidy in my opinion too :)

Hi to everyone,

I thought as this is one of my cars i should introduce myself, my names Jason i've been in the trade for over 15 years now and have a real passion for cars. (S##t that sounds like an AA intro)

I would never proffess to being an expert on any particular mark but over the years i have learned a good amount about a wide variety of different vehicles, and tried to build good business relationships with people who can answer the questions that i can't, i don't own a sheepskin or a trilby and i don't drive old Jag! i've just tried to make an honest living out of something i enjoy, not palm of rubbish on the unsuspecting public.

Anyway back to the car in question, i purchased this car really for my own use but as with most dealers "everythings for sale" so the car has been advertised. I use it everyday and its one of the best cars i've owned, no its not the most powerful one in the world, but as its set up at the moment it works brilliantly as a daily driver and if you wanted to make it seriously quick its not going to cost a fortune.

I know the cars cheap but being in this business is just like the kid in the sweet shop situation and i've been offered something i'm finding very hard to resist, unfortunately i'm not a millionaire so the Supra's got to go first, if its putting anyone off i'll gladly take more for it!

Yes Matt ( Sextons ) has seen the car, he fitted the alarm !

And yes it has been on a dyno, as with most modified cars that come in we have all the toys disconnected so the people who work at the docks can't bash all the buttons and break it, this does mean that you need them reconnected and set up, i think having this done properly on a dyno is the most sensible way, i have every car fully inspected like this, i like my customers to be happy and its always more cost effective to change things before they go pop.

I fully appreciate the opinions of others, and the ones that have been written about this car are mostly well informed and i'm not going to criticise them, after all, forums are all about freedom of speech and trying to help people out, and the more knowledge we have the harder it is for the crooks to rip us off, but please remember that peoples livelihoods are a stake, not all garages and car dealers are out to get you !

All i can say is, i like it, yes there are things you could change to get more from it but fundamentally its a good car !

Thanks for reading

Jason

P.S Thanks Burt i thought we were mates

hi again,

Forgot to mention it made 530 bhp at 1.1 bar, it will obviously run more but thats plenty for me.

I'm more than happy to listen to ideas and potential ways of making any car better, thats what these forums are for, slagging someone elses car off just for the sake of it isn't going to help anyone.

hi again,

Forgot to mention it made 530 bhp at 1.1 bar, it will obviously run more but thats plenty for me.

I'm more than happy to listen to ideas and potential ways of making any car better, thats what these forums are for, slagging someone elses car off just for the sake of it isn't going to help anyone.

530HP is a hell of alot and is more than a handful for most. That is a great result for 1.1 bar. Fuelling is obviously your next port of call

Thanks for that LeeT,

Yeh that definately will be the way to go if i decide to keep it and go for big power. As far as i'm aware the idea behind this set up is to give good drivability as a regular car, a kind of best of both worlds, i've owned cars that were built for out and out grunt before and usually their no good for everyday use which is why i like this car, i had a 900 bhp supercharged 66 Mustang (can't be compared to a Supra i know)for a short time, it was built to look fairly stock bar a blower the size of a fridge poking out of the bonnet but the few times i took it home from the showroom i felt lucky to make it back alive. This way i get to drive something i like everyday, remember in this trade you don't get weekends off to go and drive a for fun...