The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Got my car back, with a twin plate fitted

johnd-mkiv

Just had an exedy twin plate fitted, to be honest its a right fooker to get the hang of, its all or nothing just wheel spun it reversing up my drive as it wont really pull away under 2.5k, I dread to think what its going to be like in the wet:blink:

Not only that it rattles like a bastard, which is embarrasing at the lights :( Im just hoping it will wear in a bit and not be so aggressive?

all in all £1300 down and not to happy

You can buy a new slave rod from HKS which will help with the grabbing problem. I have one and think the HKS twin plate is great whereas others who havent had the slave rod say that it is unbearable. I raised my idle to 1100k to get rid of the rattling

Think drive it for a bit and if im still not happy with it ill go that route, how did you raise your rpm?

cheers;)

You can buy a new slave rod from HKS which will help with the grabbing problem. I have one and think the HKS twin plate is great whereas others who havent had the slave rod say that it is unbearable. I raised my idle to 1100k to get rid of the rattling

Good to know mate, I have the HKS triple and it's like a switch !

I had the OS Giken fitted on my T78 and it drives really well. My old one was Exeddy twin plate and rattled alot. However my new one has slight rattle - it's not snatchy though. You can adjust the clutch usually and a bit of wear might help things. I know wot you mean at the lights - now you have them lookin at you:)

Hope you get it sorted as its loads of dosh if you don't like it

Jonathan

Just took her out for a long run its def getting better the rattle quietens down over 1100rpm which is good, standing starts are a mssion though getting bad wheel hop guess ill need to loose some pressure from my tyres? how would you set up the shocks? hard or soft on the rear? I have tein super street fitted

Just took her out for a long run its def getting better the rattle quietens down over 1100rpm which is good, standing starts are a mssion though getting bad wheel hop guess ill need to loose some pressure from my tyres? how would you set up the shocks? hard or soft on the rear? I have tein super street fitted

set your rear shocks a touch softer mate will give a bit more give to it all . So should not spin up as much ;)

I had the OS Giken fitted on my T78 and it drives really well. My old one was Exeddy twin plate and rattled alot. However my new one has slight rattle - it's not snatchy though. You can adjust the clutch usually and a bit of wear might help things. I know wot you mean at the lights - now you have them lookin at you:)

Hope you get it sorted as its loads of dosh if you don't like it

Jonathan

I also have the OS Giken and once you get use to it its fine.