The mkiv Supra Owners Club

12.2 at elvington today

Jurgen-Jm-Imports

this was with no traction of the line i did few runs with backend going out and still hitting 12.6 lol.

anyway in rx7 today

12.2 reaction 2.073 and speed 124mph.

my highest was 129mph reckon if i can sort the traction it will be an 11 second car.

i did 10 runs one was 13.6 bad start bearly lost it of track and the rest were 12.2 -12.6 so it was very consistent,

shame there were no other rx7 there, so what do yous recommend for next time use drag tyres and maybe run 1.2 bar ???? and get launch control fitted.

nice to meet you wez and also the guy in the black supra sorry forgot your name.

Great time Jurgen. Get that MR2 up there and see how it compares! ;)

11 Seconds is going to be easy if you were struggling for traction. Drag tyres will help loads though. What boost were you running?

yer am running only 1 bar of boost so am going to buy some mickey thompson tyres run 1.3 bar use race fuel and get some sort of launch control device.

i was talking to a drag racer today not sure who he was but nice guy came over and said he was well mpressed with the car and reckons with right set up my car will do low 11s all day and might break the ten.

i finished 7th overell and all cars in front of mine were monsters stripped out drag cars, so am well pleased.

nice one jurgen, especially when you were hoping for 12.5s when we first got there!

those drag tyres should make a big difference with the traction, so much so, you might have to try it with the lower boost to start with!! and then listen to your clutch/gearbox take the abuse instead of the tyres ;)

i've got a really short vid of your first launch of the day but that's it i'm afraid (i'm not sure if it's small enough to email but i'll give it a go, or host it up somewhere) - one of the lads who came down with us might have something so i'll check with him

that old Evo was absolutely rapid eh? it was Hyper Sports & Racing's drag car

nice one jurgen, especially when you were hoping for 12.5s when we first got there!

those drag tyres should make a big difference with the traction, so much so, you might have to try it with the lower boost to start with!! and then listen to your clutch/gearbox take the abuse instead of the tyres ;)

i've got a really short vid of your first launch of the day but that's it i'm afraid (i'm not sure if it's small enough to email but i'll give it a go, or host it up somewhere) - one of the lads who came down with us might have something so i'll check with him

that old Evo was absolutely rapid eh? it was Hyper Sports & Racing's drag car

Wez, no mention of you running a 13.27, so i will mention it! Well done, and thanks for the great day....

Leslie and Leon

Yeah it was a really good day. My boyfriend put his car on the strip for the first time, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR standard apart from exhaust, induction and de-cat.

His times were:

12.89 @ 118 60ft 2.006

12.96 @ 115 60ft 2.065

12.98 @ 118 60ft 2.000

Worst run was 13.65 @ 115 60ft 2.290

I dont think they are bad times considering car is practically standrard apart from what's mentioned above.

Cant wait till the new turbo's go on and whatever else he has on order!! :eyebrows:

A couple of nice Supra's were there too ;)

Was the 2.073 reaction time or 60ft time, bloody good if it's a 60ft time on street tyres. 11's easy with those terminals :thumbs:

not sure if reaction or 60 foot, the rx7 was just not good at launching it was basically spinning up the line till 3rd gear and still getting 12.2 one on run the car decided to go sideways on 3rd gear lol i still kept the throttle down lol got 13.8

Yeah it was a really good day. My boyfriend put his car on the strip for the first time, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR standard apart from exhaust, induction and de-cat.

His times were:

12.89 @ 118 60ft 2.006

12.96 @ 115 60ft 2.065

12.98 @ 118 60ft 2.000

Worst run was 13.65 @ 115 60ft 2.290

I dont think they are bad times considering car is practically standrard apart from what's mentioned above.

Cant wait till the new turbo's go on and whatever else he has on order!! :eyebrows:

A couple of nice Supra's were there too ;)

yes well done a seen you on the grass sunbathing