The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what do i pull?

aeropete

Or you could just pull the bottom rad hose off and drain it in a fraction of the time.

do you need to get under the car to do this? as i have an undertray thing so im just thinking if it needs to be taken off. sorry for the hijack.

do you need to get under the car to do this? as i have an undertray thing so im just thinking if it needs to be taken off. sorry for the hijack.

If you have the standard fan and plastic shroud, you will probably need to get under the car, but then I would always be removing the undertray to drain the radiator.

The small plug will take about 10 minutes to drain, whereas the rad hose will probably do it in about 10 seconds.

Remove the rad cap when doing either as it will drain quicker.

If you have the standard fan and plastic shroud, you will probably need to get under the car, but then I would always be removing the undertray to drain the radiator.

The small plug will take about 10 minutes to drain, whereas the rad hose will probably do it in about 10 seconds.

Remove the rad cap when doing either as it will drain quicker.

ok nice one, just another thing, where abouts is the hose thing located and how is it unplugged is it just a clamp that holds it on?

ok nice one, just another thing, where abouts is the hose thing located and how is it unplugged is it just a clamp that holds it on?

If your under the car it's a big black pipe on the drivers side that goes to the bottom of the radiator, it is held on with a compression clip, takes 30 seconds to get it off.

And don't worry, you can't miss it.

yeah but wen its full leave the cap of and let the car idle wait for all airbubbles to stop and keep topping up, when all airbubbles are gone itheres no air! :)

thanks mate gonna do that in a little bit then, just once last q, at the moment the water is very brown so thats the reason id like to change it, but do i replace with just water again?

thanks mate gonna do that in a little bit then, just once last q, at the moment the water is very brown so thats the reason id like to change it, but do i replace with just water again?

no you need a decent quality anti-freeze. I only ever use Toyota 4 life

nice one lee thanks for all the help. gonna give it a try then in a little while before it gets dark. not gonna be toyota for life was gonna go down to shell and see what they had.

nice one lee thanks for all the help. gonna give it a try then in a little while before it gets dark. not gonna be toyota for life was gonna go down to shell and see what they had.

In that case, the stuff you buy will probably be a concentrate and you will need to dilute it to the recommended ratio on the bottle. You will only need a few litres of this