The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Boostlogic built auto and Hi-stall

paul mac

fitted these recently (thanks Jon) and WOW what a difference the car feels transformed, my old box was getting slower and slower changing up particularly 2nd to 3rd but the BL just whacks through the gears, did a rolling start against a bike the other night and the car feels so much more responsive i now understand the fuss about Hi-stalls

How much and where did you get the box from Paul ? Interested in one for my one. Are the ratios still the same ? Does the Hi-stall help the box through the gears due to the powerband of the single turbo ?

sorry for all the ?'s

Tom my engine spec is in my garage, Jase i got the box direct from MVP but notice now that Vortex look very competative (they weren't when i ordered mine), it is a modded box so the ratios are the same, i really wasn't to impressed when i first fitted the hi-stall it was like driving with the hand brake on when your just plodding round town but open it up and wow what a difference the car feels much more responsive with little or no lag, i have a T61 so went with a 3200 rpm stall which i think is perfect for this turbo, obviously the higher the power band (bigger turbo) the higher the stall would need to be

I may be teaching my granny to suck eggs here but make sure you have lots of cooling for the box. Heat destroys them very quickly.

thanks CJ i have 2 coolers and just fitted the spal fan today so if that aint enough i have another cooler sat in the garage only trouble is i'me running out of places to put them :D , whats your opinion on max temp of the box CJ ?

thanks CJ i have 2 coolers and just fitted the spal fan today so if that aint enough i have another cooler sat in the garage only trouble is i'me running out of places to put them :D , whats your opinion on max temp of the box CJ ?

TBH, I don't know Paul. I do know that I didn't fit enough coolers to mine (or at least Dude didn't) and Joe suffered the consequences afterwards. :(