The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SupraStormRising

Hi Guys

Finally got a supe been waiting for 3 years (Insurance finally under a grand :) )

Was wondering it's a Red 94' NA Auto, any ideas as to what size rims you can fit without arch work? Also any ideas where to get Lambo doors from? I will have to come to some of the meets when i've got the time and will put up some pics when I can.

Thank in advance for any help...! :cool:

Ooopps Forgot to say a big Hello to all of the members you all sound like a good bunch of people (been reading some of the posts) :D

19s will fit no bother, maybe even 20s. Handling will suffer (more-so on the 20s).

You'll find a lot of members here are more practical/performance orientated rather than Max Power / show car type modifications, but don't let that put you off :)

19s will fit no bother, maybe even 20s. Handling will suffer (more-so on the 20s).

You'll find a lot of members here are more practical/performance orientated rather than Max Power / show car type modifications, but don't let that put you off :)

I was thinking practical (no reduction in handling performance) but make the car look more appealing to the eye the Standard wheels look to small for the arches...!

Thanks for the info on the wheel size as well.:) Will prob go with 17's or do you think 18's?

Hello and welcome :)

I was thinking practical (no reduction in handling performance) but make the car look more appealing to the eye the Standard wheels look to small for the arches...!

Thanks for the info on the wheel size as well.:) Will prob go with 17's or do you think 18's?

The car will handle best on stock size wheels and tyres with the correct offset. Going for larger diameter wheels does impact the handling, grip and comfort of the car. I've driven a car with the same suspension setup as mine but on 19inch wheels and it was a different beast. Much more twitchy, and felt unsettled over camber changes like exiting roundabouts.

Most people choose 18's as they fill the arches nicely but have a limited impact on handling. Just one thing though - make sure you get the correct widths and offsets, these will have a big effect on handling and suspension wear.

:) Do you know what the best widths and offsets(what are offsets?) to use for 18's? Thanks for the help

Hello!

The stock wheels have an offset of 50mm.

Front wheel width for a NA car - 8" - 8.5"

Rear wheel width 9" - 9.5"

It depends on what width tyres you want but the smaller sizes are fine for the NA car. :)