The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi there from Ireland ! Projet help please !!

Joe.

Hey all Joe here from across the water

Im here looking for info on building a new car for us to unvail at the Paris Tunning Show in Feb of 07' as part of our drift demo there and use across europe next year (http://www.prodriftseries.com check it out ! ! )

we are looking to build a 1jz or 2jz powered is200

We have sourced a is200 and might have a auto jza80 also

Any one have any input on this project or have a crashed turbo supra or even soarer

Thanks all

Welcome, sounds like an interesting project, I think either 1jz or 2jz are definately the right choices, keep a look out in the for sale sections as a 2jz comes up now and again, we also have a few people that post up about salvaged supes, so browse reguarly!

It may be easier though to source a 2jz and then mate it up with the supra getrag 6 speed box as I'm not sure if you can do the same to a 1jz as all the manual soarers i've seen have all been 5 speeds which will probably be a harder gear box to find imo, you could also put up a post in the 'wanted' section, you may have to be a paid member to do that though?

Also do you have a power goal for the IS200? and I'm guessing it'll be completely stripped so quite lightish?

Good luck

Tom.

Hi,

Where abouts in Ireland are you. i am doing the same project at the minute with my IS200...have a look here...

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=35688

If you are anywhere near belfast you are welcome to come have a look at the car while the work is in progress!!

Sure you can PM me about it if you want.

Gav.

PS... this may also be of interest to you if you want to turbo the IS200 engine instead. It is my custom turbo system that I have just removed....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lexus-IS200-custom-turbo-system-kit-exhaust-intercooler_W0QQitemZ180025899231QQihZ008QQcategoryZ72205QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

thanks, might take you up on that

Were all from down around the south east area

Thats a nice job your doing on your car mate ?

Can the supra Lsd be installed or is the is200 good enough? the car will be putting out around 500/600 bhp so a strang rear end is needed

Hey Joe, hello and welcome O

Well dig it

I'm goin' way down south

Way down Mexico way, alright

I'm goin' way down south

Way down where I can be free

Ain't no one gonna find me

Ain't no hangman gonna find me

He ain't gonna put a rope around me

You better believe it right now

type one:d

Austrillians seem to into the JZ conversion bigtime on the Is200, but they use the 1jz with the 2jz bottom end (1.5JZGTE as its known) along with the r154 box. Usually go this route as the parts are far easier to come by (in aus anyway) problem is over here you need the 1jz Manual bell housing which can be a bitch to find. Run it single Tubby with a gt35R and you have an excellent big power engine with serious low down responce and instant power, and the r145 Box can take a hammering - check out the soarer in the D1 at the moment.

If You dont go with CJ's offer, there are a few 1JZ's being broken down south, so parts shouldnt be a .

Marty