The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone know why Canada is so expensive?

Guest MikeIV

Like the title says,

Anyone know why the Supras in Canada are way more expensive than the ones in Europe. I could buy one Supra here and in Europe with the exchange rate you guys could buy 2 and have some cash left over? Is there more demand here for them? Less of them?

Also if anyone has any information on the price of the Supra's that are being bought from Japan that would help, might be cheaper to do it this way.

Yeah, I'd have to wait until 2008 before I could import a Japanese Supra, which at this time may or may not be cheaper than the ones here. I just wanted to know what they are going for in Japan right now, in Canada the very very lowest price you can pick up a 93-94 Mark IV is 14,000 Euro, which is very rare, and usually has accident history.

. I just wanted to know what they are going for in Japan right now, in Canada the very very lowest price you can pick up a 93-94 Mark IV is 14,000 Euro, which is very rare, and usually has accident history.

thats about what they cost us here man ;)

in the UK its 0.65p to 1 euro ,.

so 14000 euro equates to what ... er,.

£9100 ,

unless your talking about an NA is 14000 euro in which case were paying around half that.

Considering we're meant to be 'rip-off Britain' I guess we're lucky when it comes to Jap cars. We're unique in that we have RHD cars like Japan so get loads of them imported over here.

TT's are going for as little as £6k now and NA's for half that. I know it means any Chav can afford one but it also means I can.

If I lived in America or Canada I wouldn't be able to afford a Supra.

Like the title says,

Anyone know why the Supras in Canada are way more expensive than the ones in Europe. I could buy one Supra here and in Europe with the exchange rate you guys could buy 2 and have some cash left over? Is there more demand here for them? Less of them?

Where in Canada are you from?

And I guess depending on what spec of supra you looking for I'd say anything up to £17k for fantastic supe in japan, this could be a 2000 plate manual TT or a really modified single turbo, I'm not an expert on the prices but a 2002 here would be up for over 20k so I guess in japan it could be at least 3k less, all imo of course.

Yea Im moving to Canada and want to get a supra over there. But theyre insanley expensive. I heard that they are opening up japaneese imports over there soont though?

How difficult was it to get residency? thinking about going ourselves Kim has relatives (aunt,uncle,gran) in hamilton over there and they seem to be always wanting engineers

We had MkIV Supras produced in Canada, but they must not have caught on as well as the rest of the world. Definetely Supra's are considered more exotic here than in the UK, since we pay atleast double for ours. The Mk IV hasn't actually depreciated in value over here that much, almost none at all. This might change when our market can be flooded with cheap Japanese Supra's though.

• 3 months later...
Guest JCFsupraCanada

Bring em on baby. I hated having to pay $12,500 ($6,000 GBP)for an MK3 then $30,000($14,000 GBP) more to modify it. For that I could have waited and bought an MK4 TT. Mind you only a 93 - 95 unless I bought a 98 salvage titled. But we are lucky. Canada isn't that bad a place to live.