The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lucky escape. Points narrowly avoided.

SupraStar 3000

Returning home tonight I noticed all the traffic ahead moving over into the slow lane.

In hindsight I should have realised the threat ahead, but at the time I thought "goodie goodie, clear runway ahead so I can bomb past".

suddenly saw two police cars in a layby and realised why all the traffic had slowed down. Oopps!

Was even more devastate when one car put on his blues and gave chase.

Fortunately as I pulled over he carried on.

Must have been after someone else.

happily my driving licence remains clean.

:D

Happened to me the other morning as I went tear arsing through the new gyratory system just getting through on red at each light straight onto the dual carriage way.

Sadly I was slowed down by the usual 50mph work traffic when I saw the blues in the mirror.

"Oh dear" me thinks, he must've been sat at the roundabout.

He comes screaming up, then stop and sits at the car just behind me - then it clicks. If I only just got through, then he must've gone through on red!

Funny thing was the guy didn't think it was for him and moved across the lane for the police to overtake. They kept behind him. He carried on. Then moved back across. The Police man behind him again.

About a mile up the road they finally realised it was for them to stop. It was at this point I thought an LED sign on the front of a Police car saying "Yes YOU!" would be appropriate.

had a bit of a fright myself the other night too. driving back up to Inverness from Glasgow (A82 along side Loch Ness), terrible weather but i'm stuck behind a crappy megane with a couple of bikes strapped to it going around 40.

reach a long straight stretch so i think stuff it, and floor it past (up to about 85-90 leptons as he accellerated slightly on the straight too).

just pull in still accellerating when i notice blue flashing lights in a lay-by just before the oncoming corner about a hundred yards away! i slam on the anchors (not too hard to make it look really obvious) and it turns out i flew past a police car with two cops and another car that'd just spun off the road at about 50% over the speed limit!

luckily i think he was more interested in attending the accident.

EDITED to say that i drove the rest of the way home bang on the speed limit checking my mirrors every two seconds!

phheeeew!