The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bit of a wake up call

colsoop

I have been driving a 1.8 litre focus around for a few weeks, borrowed from the old man while he is on his holdiays.

For the first time in 2 weeks i drove the Supra tonight, My god it felt strange, i felt about 2 feet off the ground and when i floored it i nearly snapped my neck :D

I am going to have to invest in a run about so i can have this feeling every 2 weeks :D

You get so used to it when you drive it everyday and just don't appreciate the power.

The gearbox and clutch to some getting used to again ;)

Get a 1 litre Polo like what I had.

You'll be de-modding your Supe within the week to try and reduce the power!

My soop is my every day drive, but i'm after a run around. Like some of you have said, you get used to the power an handling, i've been thinking my car feels slow recently, untill I look in the rear view, or look at the speedo.

I've just had a similar thing, too. Stuck the 2nd hand diff I got off Scooby on Monday (cheers matey) tonight. Pulled out of my dad's drive and fishtailed off down the street! It's the power steering that gets me every time I've had to drive summat else. I forget just how quick & light the steering actually is - I thought the steering wheel was loose or summat!

So glad to be back in my baby - can't wait for the LSD (and my c/f bits) to arrive now. My shopping list is nearly finished. Ha Ha.

Full Revs

Animal

I have been driving a 1.8 litre focus around for a few weeks, borrowed from the old man while he is on his holdiays.

For the first time in 2 weeks i drove the Supra tonight, My god it felt strange, i felt about 2 feet off the ground and when i floored it i nearly snapped my neck :D

I am going to have to invest in a run about so i can have this feeling every 2 weeks :D

You get so used to it when you drive it everyday and just don't appreciate the power.

The gearbox and clutch to some getting used to again ;)

That's the reason why I think EBC's are good - I run 0.9/1 bar normally and then 1.2/1.25 bar when I want some fun! (BPU)

Tell me about it i haven't drove my supra now for 3 months as i've been doing all the single mods and it's going from 400bhp to 600bhp and all i have driven is a rover 213 (70bhp and 77 ft lb of torque :D ) and a yaris t sport, the supra is going to blow my head off :D