The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JDM Supra Full Decat...

wkdtime

This has bugged me for ages and yet i have not seen any information at why this is.

JDM's supra's when decatted require a Restrictor ring to keep the boost down, as the JDM wastegates are easily over whelmed. So why is it that there are so many JDM supra's that are full decat and no ring and boost to around 0.9-1.1 bar and require an EBC to increase boost there on further, similar to UK cars.

To name a few, Nic, Kosmic dont need a restrictor ring and both are fully decatted.

So why is this the case?

could it be to do with age?

i de catted mine with ring a while ago, but didnt feel any significant power increase.

not sure of boost as gauge didnt get fitted, will check when it does,

mines a facelift, is niks/cosmics?

if so it could be another thing mr T tweaked wiv the post 96's

mines a pre-vvti. has the tanabe which has huge straight piping and probably one of the most unrestrictive exhaust out there. im running 2.5" decats which may be the bottleneck?! without the ring i can just about hit fuel cut at 1.0bar on a cold day but usually about 0.9-0.95 bar