The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Storing the Supra

Markie

Hello all,

Any ideas of what would need to be done to the Soop if I was not going to be using her for a few weeks. Possibly 2-3 months.

I was wondering if it would need say jacking up for weight off the wheels or something else bizzare...

Thanks in advance,

Marcus.

I wouldn't do anything, you need to be talking in terms of years to make any special arrangements. I'd disconnect the battery, that's all. IMO there is no need for any special re commissioning either. Just reconnect the battery and turn the key. 6 years ago I found a 1951 car in a barn, it hadn't run for 18 years. A new battery, and it started on the original petrol. Fresh fuel made it run a LOT better, but that's ALL I did. It even drove home, with some air in the tyres, although its drum brakes were pretty poor... :) People forget that during the war (WW2 not any recent skirmishes) thousands of cars were laid up for extended periods and most were able to reume normal duties with no special attention.

I'd agree with Chris, don't do anything apart from maybe disconnecting the battery. My case is not as extreme, but I left my mkiii Supra turbo for over 18 months without touching it, I put a new battery on it, an it started first turn of the key, no problems at all.

OK thanks guys... Will just keep the battery topped up..

Checking on this, as it was a toss up between upgrading the Soop or selling it and starting to buy the first parts of the Ultima GTR kit.

Any views?

At the moment leaning towards the Soop so will be stuck in the garage until I get the upgrade parts as exhaust a bit nackered and needs replacing.

OK thanks guys... Will just keep the battery topped up..

Checking on this, as it was a toss up between upgrading the Soop or selling it and starting to buy the first parts of the Ultima GTR kit.

Any views?

At the moment leaning towards the Soop so will be stuck in the garage until I get the upgrade parts as exhaust a bit nackered and needs replacing.

Always loved the Ultima, but they really are a good weather weekend car and not something you'd want to drive every day. I read a couple of years back that when the club went down to LeMans they had a repair truck following to help owners as and when the cars broke down - that finally put me off.