The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Break for spares or whole car salvage.

Jezz

Break up, or salvage.  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Break up, or salvage.

• Break
    • salvage

As a car enthusiast sell the engine as a whole and break the rest.

The engine is worth an absolute fortune, the rest of the car is the same as any old salvage Supra.

From a breakers point of view maybe its not the most economical approach though!

PS: Let me know if you break it as I'll be up there right away with my checkbook :D

Wha't the point in repairing it? You'll have to strip the whole thing down anyway to repair - you might as well get a good shell and start with that.

Precisely. My first choice is to break. But i'm being hounded to sell it complete. cough cj cough. :D

Wha't the point in repairing it? You'll have to strip the whole thing down anyway to repair - you might as well get a good shell and start with that.

The difficult part is finding a good shell. And lets be honest, if that engione was going into a car, you would not want a stock body eh? So the bodywork would have to be done too.

The difficult part is finding a good shell. And lets be honest, if that engione was going into a car, you would not want a stock body eh? So the bodywork would have to be done too.

I wouldn't want a rebuilt one either! It's not the body work that worries me, it's the chassis. It may well have a slight twist or kink in the rear now, just a little could throw it all off - especially if highly tuned. Maybe I'm wrong and it's all just a question of finding a really good repair shop.

Ideally you'd have a nice stripped shell you could double seam weld and strenghten etc...is it really necessary on a Supra though?

I'd love to do a stripped out mad powered rebuild.