The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What Discs & Pads

Tourniquet

I went with brand new j-spec disks front and rear but with Chris Wilsons excellent Fast Road Racing Pads mate. Very very pleased. It's half the cost of a UK setup and performs very well indeed.

Depends though, if you're going for massive power i.e. over 600bhp or have the cash to burn go UK setup with the larger callippers etc......but it's expensive!

I'm happy with my stopping power very much and that's just stock again with uprated pads. Good luck ;)

Yup, what Sheefa said :)

If you have to stick to the small option then go for stock discs and CW fast road pads - along with decent brakes lines and new 5.1 fluid.

They will work when doing a hard stop from high speed, but don't do it more than once in every 10 minutes! Constant hard use at 100mph+ speed and they will overheat quickly, personally I find them perfectly safe below 100mph, even after extremely hard use.

I'm planning a track day in a few weeks with this setup so will see how they will last then :D

Yeah that's a good point Homer. You can feel a little bounce if accelerating and breaking hard, sometimes a tiny squeal. However, I think for street driving at appropriate levels they're great.

DBA 4000 xs golds, 4pots on fronts, 2pots on the rear, carbotech pads - indeed a good setup - but cost???????? ;)

Personally, I would UK spec calipers (4 pot) minimum.

Discs, my choice would be the DBAs have used them on a previous car, very good, and friends have used them, no complaints.

Then some sort of fast road pads.

Some other additions that can make a big difference to pedal feel are braided lines and brake fluid.