The mkiv Supra Owners Club

F'ing exausts

Tourniquet

Right had a belly full of choosing a bloody exaust. HELP

I know it's an age old question but there's just toooo much to read on the subject. Imprssive sound is most important thing and volume would be great too.

Must burble loudly on idle, sound awesome thru the range and howl on full chat. Hate raspy sounds and don't care bout motorway droning. Also don't intend on spending £900 like the Greddy system.

Wanna loose both cats too - any ideas. Was umming n arring between the Miami GT or the Nur Spec unless someone advises differently !

GRRRRR hate variety lol

so if ground clearance is not a prob then go for NUR thats the one you want I think, the loudest out here as far as I know, I have the HKS Ti and love the sound , ground clearance is not bad (much better than NUR but not as good as Greddy Ti)

2nd hand ?! the group buy was actualy meant to be for a Greddy ti then Martin couldnt make it and offered us the HKS Ti instead, Im well pleased with it anyway, it really sounds different, something like a real V8 engine not too loud but beautifully noticable

TBH I like the greddy ti too specially that they have the best ground clearance out of all the Exhausts out in the market.

but for thoese who dont have probs with ground clearance and dont want to spend alot on a system I think NUR is the best

I'd have to say the NUR is the best bet if you want longevity, don't care about ground clearance and have a limited budget.

If longevity isn't a problem and you need ground clearance then the RSR, but be warned its very loud (fair bit louder than the NUR when on full boost).

If money were no object then I'd go for the boostlogic, a fooking awesome sound! Best sounding system evar though is the old Hiper, but you can't buy it anymore.

Other great sounding systems are are the Tannabe, HKS Ti, Veilside Ti, Greddy TI, plus some other I forgot!

Stay away from the dragger and HKS silent, too quiet IMO :D

I'm not so keen on the new Miami GT and 'open' turbofit pipes that have appeared lately, they offer too little sound baffling and don't sound very nice once any level of boost is seen (2krpm+)

TBH I like the greddy ti too specially that they have the best ground clearance out of all the Exhausts out in the market.

but for thoese who dont have probs with ground clearance and dont want to spend alot on a system I think NUR is the best

Totally agree with you. I actually bought the Ti on an impulse buy! and was shocked by the clearence when i put it on.

The decats are seperate.

I guarentee you any 'replica' system will sound NOTHING like the real thing. These companies spend a forture on R&D to get just the right sound, some backstreet exhaust place will never be able to replicate the sound - the look maybe but thats not why you're buying one...

The decats are seperate.

I guarentee you any 'replica' system will sound NOTHING like the real thing. These companies spend a forture on R&D to get just the right sound, some backstreet exhaust place will never be able to replicate it.

damn you are quick to respond mate , bit me to it :D

I'm not so keen on the new Miami GT and 'open' turbofit pipes that have appeared lately, they offer too little sound baffling and don't sound very nice once any level of boost is seen (2krpm+)

:( Does anyone have the miami gt one that lives anywhere near bracknell. Moistfinger is a way off, where abouts is mk47?