The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newera - Very poor service received!

Dragonball

I rarely complain about service (I guess glass houses and bricks comes to mind! :))

However the bare faced cheek just got on my wick..

1. I purchased a steering wheel boss from Miguel (Splash Boss)

2. No mention or choice of model number by me - just an assurance from him that it would fit for none airbag / SRS RZ etc - Hoorah!

3. I paid - It arrived (thanks you)

4. Tried it on Andy's RZ - Did not fit - totally wrong spleen shape as the indicator kick off in way etc etc (normal problem with aftermarket bosses)

5. I emailed that it did not fit attaching pictures of what one should look like (fitted to Andy's RZ)

6. I emailed with pictures of the one he sent me - totally wrong shape etc

7. I emailed 4 times - politely as I could completely understand that mistakes do happen (lord knows I have made loads) etc requesting refund (or preferrable replacement!!)

8. Now apparently it's MY fault it doesn't fit and that it says it is for a JZA-80 on the box - - so that's what it is for.

9. Refund refused

10. Paypal dispute opened by me

11. Posting up on the BBS - I would not use this company IMHO for parts or anything else for that matter

If he had said 'oh bugger' - really sorry Paul - I will have contacted Splash with the pictures and they tell me it is part number **** you need'

I would have bought 10 off him straight away

12. Nuff said

13. If he does come back and make amends then I will be first to report that that right thing had been done BTW

Thank you for listening

:)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame about this, when my brother got his car from Miguel and co he didnt have an issue with the purchasing or dealings with him, so we had a good impression of his service etc.

The only issues we did have were during the SVA process which he subcontracts out to a company I cant remember the name of :blink:

Hey - I have been guilty as the rest... and humbly apologise here and now :(

But for a £60.00 boss??

It's all the attitude... could have been all so different

Thats what I meant. I appreciate that things go worng (hell I have run enough businesses to verify that) but it is how a company acts when things go wrong that sets them apart.

but it is how a company acts when things go wrong that sets them apart.

:yeahthat: It's nice to have everything 100% right first time, but it's the service you receive when it doesn't that gives a better indication of how the company is run IMO - and decides if I go back there or not.

:yeahthat: It's nice to have everything 100% right first time, but it's the service you receive when it doesn't that gives a better indication of how the company is run IMO - and decides if I go back there or not.

Whenever I visited a client with one of our sales team I always guaranteed them a couple of things.

1. we will get something wrong in the future - everyone makes mistakes.

2. we will do everything we can to put it right and keep them happy.

Whenever I visited a client with one of our sales team I always guaranteed them a couple of things.

1. we will get something wrong in the future - everyone makes mistakes.

2. we will do everything we can to put it right and keep them happy.

you not selling double glazing anymore now col:innocent:

My dad bought a Skyline GTR from Newera and Miguel could'nt do enough for him. Once my dad got the car from him there were a few issues and they did not want to no. Very unhelpful. Good sales but crap after care :(

As I say, that's what sets the good apart from the crap.

I had issues with them a few weeks ago!! i bought a guage from them via ebay, to be honest i didnt know it was them at first but after a week of it not arriving i looked at paypal and the paypal address was @newera.com so rang them up which they didnt like as they obviously didnt want people knowing they were selling goods on ebay. After 2 weeks and many calls they eventually said tough they sent it and how do they know i didnt get it??

What i did is go on their main place of trade ie GTR club and flame them on there and eventually they refunded me my money :)

Would never buy from them again

Mike

I had to do the same thing, go public on a club thread at which point i recieved a private email offering about 95% of my money back. This was after 6 months of letters, emails and non returned answer phone messages. Even drove to a house in Brighton, where there UK office was based from.

Paul,

Before you ordered this boss, you said you'd had similar experience before, where other bosses had not fitted. You wanted a boss to try, so that if it fitted you could sell Isota steering wheels on your website....

I asked you all relevant information, then ordered the correct boss and supplied to order. This is not an item we usually stock.

I have subsequently proven the part supplied was the correct item for the information given by yourself.

Despite your having had other bosses that don't fit from other suppliers, you still insist everyone else supplies the incorrect part and you're right?

Please see link below - page 7 of Works Bell's parts list (Toyota).

http://www.chuso.co.jp/boss/file/toyota.pdf

Clearly part 534 is for a JZA80 without SRS or ACC (Cruise control), so was therefore correctly supplied.

For the Veilside front bumper you recently supplied us (A copy, not an original) you told me it was perfect in fit. In fact, it wasn't and the bumper's had to be re-finished before painting.

I didn't complain, as there was no point by that stage. We just re-finished it at out cost.

It didn't cross my mind to be childish, come on here, complain, etc. and try to damage your company's reputation even though I might be justified in doing so.

You're well out of order here and I hope this instance shows people your true colours.

Miguel.

I had issues with them a few weeks ago!! i bought a guage from them via ebay, to be honest i didnt know it was them at first but after a week of it not arriving i looked at paypal and the paypal address was @newera.com so rang them up which they didnt like as they obviously didnt want people knowing they were selling goods on ebay. After 2 weeks and many calls they eventually said tough they sent it and how do they know i didnt get it??

What i did is go on their main place of trade ie GTR club and flame them on there and eventually they refunded me my money :)

Mike

Mike, you know you're being out of order here too. Despite apologising publically after realising you weren't dealing with Newera at all and having had a full refund from Gareth Brunt for a gauge he did send out, now you're posting on here to try to cause damage.

Here's your post on the GT-R forum:

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/showthread.php?t=59862

How very honest (NOT) of you.

Miguel

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/showthread.php?t=59862

My dad bought a Skyline GTR from Newera and Miguel could'nt do enough for him. Once my dad got the car from him there were a few issues and they did not want to no. Very unhelpful. Good sales but crap after care :(

They will bend over backwards for you while sourcing and purchasing a car, after that, any issues, dont expect any form of aftercare, they wont wanna know after they've got your money. I know because I had the same problems with them when I got my Supra sourced by Newera.

We always deal with any customer's problems fairly.

Tthere are people who don't have much integrity and will try to cause problems or make claims for things which are not appropriate.

One customer on here was asking for a lot of money for items he said were faulty after he'd inspected and collected his car, even though we both knew the car went out fine.

So we asked him to return the car to be inspected so faults he was claiming were could be put right if appropriate. The car was never brought back and we never heard from the customer directly since.

Is it then justifiable for him to complain publically to cause trouble? I think not.

See our sold stock list and you'll find some awesome quality Supras on there, most of which have absolutely delighted owners.

We simply don't stock Supras any more as there are so few decent quality ones for sale in Japan and prices for the best ones don't justify importing.

The low prices poor examples in the UK are setting the standard with nowadays means it's not feasible to pay strong money for them in Japan any more.

Our experience of this one recent customer has left a bad taste in our mouths, further discouraging us from getting involved with these cars.

So instead people have to buy them either off importers who cannot physically inspect these cars and test drive in Japan before purchase, or worse - Supras that are coming into the UK via trade Import auctions.

Sadly, the people that lose out when there's behaviour like this are forum members who want nice Supras.

Miguel.

Sadly, the people that lose out when there's behaviour like this are forum members who want nice Supras.

Miguel.

We have a few trustworthy traders on here that can import cars (with great customer service) so doubt you going out of business (sry not importing cars) is going to effect us.

Anyway, thx for coming on to put your side of the story...fair play.

Mike

Fact is you NEVER bought anything from Newera at all and you know this is a fact.

Here's where you publically apologised on the GT-R forum:

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/showthread.php?t=60070

Here's another thread where a customer who has bought many performance parts as well as 2 Skylines over 8 years felt he should post:

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/showthread.php?t=59981

We have a few trustworthy traders on here that can import cars (with great customer service) so doubt you going out of business (sry not importing cars) is going to effect us.

Anyway, thx for coming on to put your side of the story...fair play.

We're not going out of business at all :Pling:

Newera is the only importer that has been in business supplying imports since 1998 that's still growing whilst others around us are going out of business because they cannot get consistent quality. Why? Because we're the only ones with a genuine office and staff in Japan selecting cars. We don't purchase or offer any cars we don't see ourselves and check / test carefully.

Do any other companies do this?

No.

We will be here for the foreseeable future supplying high quality sports cars, genuine performance parts and aero parts (no poor quality copies) and creating high quality DVD's of the JDM car culture.

As a further example, because of our involvement in sourcing & supplying base cars for F&F3, we have been offered our choice of genuine cars from the film, as these cars cannot be sold in the USA. We are currently considering whether it's worth taking a trip to LA to purchase and import some to UK (Bearing in mind that cars can only be SVA tested in standard unmodified condition). Perhaps not, as the costs of conversion, etc. will be very high and in reality the cars were mostly built in a rush meaning close up, the quality will likely not be good. We know of some examples used having expensive leather interiors painted, air bags removed, bars welded under cars to enable cameras to be fitted, etc.

Newera is one of the fastest growing performance parts suppliers - with goods direct from Japan worldwide at fastest possible delivery. A fresh new parts website to continue developing into largest choice of new and genuine tuning & OEM items on offer from Japan is about to be launched.

I physically see lines of poor quality Supras and other low quality sports cars bound for the UK lining up at Yokohama docks each shipment, waiting to go to UK trade auctions, to be sold in exchange for people's hard earned money. This is what members should be warning each other to beware of..!

What I have said is simply fact about the Supra market and advising people of where it's likely to be going in the UK.

then stating our position within it. Like some people here, I'm an avid car enthusiast and my company supplies cars I'd like to own myself were I looking for such cars. But like most genuine people, I don't like dealing with unreasonable and difficult or dishonest individuals. There's more to life!

If members here want to have the best cars, performance parts available only in Japan at discounted prices, etc. then it's in their interests to have integrity and not create problems without necessity.

Miguel.