The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Full Rebuild

mattanna

I have decide to go for full engine rebuild with Lucifer on my Aristo, so engine will be spotless, not particularly cheap but will be warranted, plus i will look after the car, purchase price of car + rebuild means i get a quick, luxurious car for about £7500 which used to cost £50,000, body work etc is spotless, full leather etc so why not!!

thanks for comments from everyone re what to do

cheers

Matt

Ouch....you know you can buy a brand new short block delivered from dusty for £1695.. on top of that you would need gasket set and fitting of £500ish

Jamie now your showing your Severe lack of knowledge. Like I said I can post up a FULL breakdown if Matt doesnt mind. ITs the same as VVT-Eye's actually.

Thanks all i am am happy for Martin to do the job, working in my business i get a good feel for people, and the bloke is as honest as the day is long and employs some of the best people, i tried to get away with buying a powerful good car for £3500 so i was going to get caught out one day, as i said even with rebuild cost i am looking at £7500 with a lot more piece of mind, to be honest it has stung me but i am willing to find the cash( have had to ask my dad for help at my age), Martin gave me every other option including just selling the car, i hope his business continues to grow, I have a local garage which is a Fiat dealer(i have had 18 fiats in the last 10 years) and they are the same, honest and reliable and have never ripped me off, if i leave the car with them and say do whatever needs doing, brakes etc they come back and say brakes were fine so we did not do it, a lot of places would just do them and say they were knackered. Martins is like this, good customer service to me is what it is all about, equally if he could not do the job he would have said so and i know the quality will be top notch. I have no real mechanical knowledge, just love cars so i have to trust people and pay the cash, but there have been few people you can over the years. Martin looked at my first Supra with me and said it was a good one, did some work on it and it genuinely was a minter. I am happy for him to give a full cost break down. It would appear that all of the traders on here are good, Martin is quite near to me and for me you get more than what you pay for, which cannot be said for a lot of things in this world. In my job in intensive care i had to look after a lad recently who was 18 with terminal cancer, i am sure he would gladly swap situations with me, i will put this one down to experience. A lot of you on here have the luck to be either very well of or have mechanical know how, i however do not so when i spend big i need to know i will be ok, hence using mkiv store. I am looking forward to the reborn Aristo and another 100,000 miles, thanks to all for their input

cheers

Matt

:iagree: Especially if its not a build for performance in mind, yup martin would be interesting to see a breakdown on it man

I am not interested in much more than 320bhp(which is what it will have about) with two kids often in the car, some of you are obsessed with it, perormance upgrade is only good if the engine is good, look at Robert with his single turbo fitting to his Aristo it has blown the engine.If the basic engine is top notch then that is your blueprint for all the upgrades you need, i however do not need it, i just want a car that has lots of room cruises well and make blokes in some £60,000 cars look twats when you want it to, lol

.If the basic engine is top notch then that is your blueprint for all the upgrades you need, i however do not need it

I think thats the point im trying to make. there are plenty or reliable standard power 2jzgte's around with over 70K miles on them as well as plenty over the 400 mark.

I would like to think a New short block from toyota would be ideal for your needs, also cutting the costs down on "blueprinting" it for something you will never use.

I would have thought Martin could have give you the same warranty for piece of mind for supplying a standard new Short block, instead of charging you for a blueprinted one which is IMHO overkill for what you need - unless he supplys at same cost as a new short block.

At the end of the day though, its you who pays the money, but i was just adding my 2p's worth :)

I think thats the point im trying to make. there are plenty or reliable standard power 2jzgte's around with over 70K miles on them as well as plenty over the 400 mark.

I would like to think a New short block from toyota would be ideal for your needs, also cutting the costs down on "blueprinting" it for something you will never use.

I would have thought Martin could have give you the same warranty for piece of mind for supplying a standard new Short block, instead of charging you for a blueprinted one which is IMHO overkill for what you need - unless he supplys at same cost as a new short block.

At the end of the day though, its you who pays the money, but i was just adding my 2p's worth :)

I will post up the Full invoice as Matt has said its ok once I get it together. But I am not Warentee(ing) a stock shortblock from toyota without stripping and rebuilding it - thats just silly. Its not about "over a barrel" type thing, I recently pourchased a NEW toyota head from toyota UK and the casting burr that litterally fell of when i rubbed it with my finger - It is never worth the risk. Ask any good engine builder.