The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wrote off Supra this morning

Andy Supra

Resigned to excepting it'll be a write-off

Not going through insurance though and paying council £1000 for the road sign I took if I don't win my case for the oil on the road.

Accident was 20mph...

To disheartened to write to much here is a pic...

Soon i'll have for sale.

OEM Side Skirts

TT Engine

HKS BOV

HKS Air Filter

HKS Coilover Suspension

Doors

Interior

Dash

Wheels (all fine!)

Big Brakes

Rear Bumper

Rear Boot

Spoiler

Headlights (both are fine)

All all other random parts, etc.

I think it's repairable but it'll cost around £2500-£3500 and i've not time to sort.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope nothing to hide on insurance just only renewed on 1st of September (£2800 for the year everything declared) i'm only 23 with 2 driving bans hence quite expensive.

Cars valued at £6000 so if it's any more than £3200 damage then it'll be write off.

Makes it better for me to pay cash out, strip and keep the 2 years no claims i've got now and switch during the winter to something cheap and cheerful to get say £2000 back on insurance rebate.

Then come April with all the £££ saved on fuel i'll get another Supra.

Nope nothing to hide on insurance just only renewed on 1st of September (£2800 for the year everything declared) i'm only 23 with 2 driving bans hence quite expensive.

Cars valued at £6000 so if it's any more than £3200 damage then it'll be write off.

Makes it better for me to pay cash out, strip and keep the 2 years no claims i've got now and switch during the winter to something cheap and cheerful to get say £2000 back on insurance rebate.

Then come April with all the £££ saved on fuel i'll get another Supra.

Clearer now, good luck mate.

Bans for speeding 108mph in my ZR when it was the 120 (1.8litre) on the A1 2am on a Sunday Morning by Unmarked copper, and another at 146mph in my 2.0l ZR Turbo (Rover 820Ti lump dropped in)

Both classed as excessive speeds but not dangerous driving, got 28 day bans on both but hefty fines

That does make sense actually,but i would still claim on insurance and then get a runabout. Was there really oil on the road then & do you have pictures of it so you can claim against the Council or at least stop them trying to charge you for a road sign.

Really sorry to see another one die, hope you get another one in the not to distant future.

Im sure you can recoup some of your loss by selling the salvage on the forum.

Hope my PM helps in someway Andy, if youve got the pics as evidence of others cars encountering the same problem at that corner that id pursue all avenues to get the friggin council to pay it....i did the same when my exhaust was damaged on a broken speedbump. Hope you get the car sorted and back on the road. Oh and if you do break it il have first dibbs on the brakes. good luck dude