The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi Guys, Could use some sound advice

Reidy

Hey Guy,

I've been a lurcher for too long and thought it was time to make my first post. Im not a Supra owner at the moment but hope to remedy that in the following weeks:d

I am looking to go for a top of the line Sup, I am willing to pay about 18K for the car and when you start going into that sort of money its mostly Single's or Big Twins that are available. The thing is even though I have driven powerful cars in the past I have never driven a TWIN turbo, i love the idea of the sequential setup and as the car will just be used for street i love the low end - mid range massive power setup:eyebrows: ...... and besides I dont have big enough cahoonies to do above 160:tongue: so top end isnt such a big deal to me.

Now do u guys think i should forget the twin setup and go for a cracking single or wait for a good twin turbo to go up for sale? I know alot of you might suggest that i should buy a standard twin turbo and then do the car up myself with the money left over but i would prefer to buy the car modded already, its just my preference.

I recently contacted BURT about his car when i heard he might be selling. I think BURT's car is one the best Supra's i have ever seen and the work the man has done to it is simply amazing, unfortunately the asking price was just a little bit out of budget:( or else i would have jumped at it.

Anyway... please let me know your thought on the matter and please let me know of any sup that you think i should take a look at.

Cheers

Welcome to the club!

With that sort of budget you could get a GREAT supra. To meet your needs i would look at getting a Duel Bearing T67. With this sort of setup and a built bottom end you could get 600BHP with great response...full boost by about 3800rpm. IT would be an absolute street monster!

Welcome to the forum / club.

[qimg]http://www.diamonddogs.us/lurcher.jpg[/qimg]

Wish i had used a different expression now:d

Sean,

I have read that the T67 is a very good street turbo with a very fast spool, 600bhp is probably way too much for me but "absolute street monster" does sound nice:innocent:

RIJ8631,

Cant make next Sunday mate as im working:( , are most of the Scottish meet on Sundays as i normally work 2 or 3 Sundays in the month but i would really like to start going?

Reidy

you said you want no more than 160ish speed!!!!! and you are willing to pay 18K for that !!! you could get that sort of speed out of a stock TT for much less than 18K buddy.

welcome by theway

I understand what your saying Mas but its the getting to 160ish thats where i want the power anything over 160 is not for me:eek: , I think things start getting a litle too dangerous once you start going above those speeds:scare:

I have a video i downloaded a while ago of Jurgen (i think) cruising around in his old Supra which i believe was a Bpu'd twin turbo and the acceleration of the line right up to about 130 is spectacular, so i just dont know if i should go for the twin or go down the single road (T61, T67).

I would just find a very clean stock TT and start doing it up the way I wanted, exactly what Im doing right now.

at least you know what you have in the car and things that you wanted to have not the previous owner wanted to so you end up living with too ;)

I might be wrong but thats what I always look for:innocent:

I have a video i downloaded a while ago of Jurgen (i think) cruising around in his old Supra which i believe was a Bpu'd twin turbo and the acceleration of the line right up to about 130 is spectacular, so i just dont know if i should go for the twin or go down the single road (T61, T67).

Sounds like BPU would be ideal for you.

Thanks alot for the vids Bobbeh, there wasnt much between both of the cars, thought there would have been a much bigger gap.....quite surprising actually.

jamiep,

this is the video i have already, i dont know why i thought it was jurgen instead of lucifer. anyway thx for finding it, it is a really cool vid!

[quote

RIJ8631,

Cant make next Sunday mate as im working:( , are most of the Scottish meet on Sundays as i normally work 2 or 3 Sundays in the month but i would really like to start going?

Reidy

No, its not always Sundays. It usually depends on which day is more suitable for the attendees. The roads are usually a bit quieter on a Sunday, so better for a cruise.

Brian (TDR) sometimes posts meets at different venues, I cant remember if its the 1st 0r 2nd Thursday in the month. Keep an eye on Scottish Events.

Cheers

Ian

Thanks alot for the vids Bobbeh, there wasnt much between both of the cars, thought there would have been a much bigger gap.....quite surprising actually.

jamiep,

this is the video i have already, i dont know why i thought it was jurgen instead of lucifer. anyway thx for finding it, it is a really cool vid!

there is a few vids of me kicking about lol one was in a silver supra very very fast reidy why dont you import a nice modded hybrid twin turbo i know of a one in jp which has aftermarklet twins on which is fairly stock looking but plenty of power

RIJ8631,

Cheers for the info matey, i will keep my eye on the Scottish Events.

Jurgen,

The one you know of in Japan sounds nice mate but I kinda want to avoid the stock look and buy with a nice kit already on the car. I have been checking your site daily for anything you have got lined up in the For Sale section and if I see anything I like i'll be sure to let you know. Do you know where i can download the vid of you in the silver supra you mentioned, i would like to check it out?

Thanks!

RIJ8631,

Cheers for the info matey, i will keep my eye on the Scottish Events.

Jurgen,

The one you know of in Japan sounds nice mate but I kinda want to avoid the stock look and buy with a nice kit already on the car. I have been checking your site daily for anything you have got lined up in the For Sale section and if I see anything I like i'll be sure to let you know. Do you know where i can download the vid of you in the silver supra you mentioned, i would like to check it out?

Thanks!

send me your email and i will send you it

supras are geared to do around 200 MPH with enough power and even stock TT's will do 175 MPH+, so if want want phenominal acceleration you either need more power or different gearing and either way you are then going to have to get the power down(Tyre brand and size, suspension set up and geometry, RLTC, uprated clutch on a manual or high stall converter on an auto etc).

£18K is a lot of money and would give you many other options other than a Supra. :)