The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Crash damaged intercooler - advice please?

Sheefa

Hi all,

Please see other threads in other topics - sorry for any repetition.

Crashed my car at the midlands gumball today. Nothing major, but intercooler has moved to a funny angle, some bent fins, and pipework may be a little dodgy. Please see pics.

I've been told by James who was there, mkiii forum (he's a lifesaver and a bloody great guy - thanks james) that all I need is one of these blue silicone 'things'! That's the only part of pipework that has a cut in it and there IS a boost leak.

Any ideas of where I can get one or should I just get all new INTC pipes?

Hope you can help. Cheers, Greg ;)

Damaged and move intercooler 1.jpg

Damaged INTC Pipe.jpg

Damaged intercooler fins.jpg

Pretty Clean Engine Bay2.JPG

Looks like bottom drivers side mount is bent off on an angle which is where the impact damage has gone looking at the first pic posted. (what is that manky corroded looking metal grille in there in that first picture?). A good jet wash out from the rear face (you'll have to take it out for that) to get the debris out will remove said debris rather than force it further in if you jet wash it from the front. You could also get a small electric screwdriver and open the fins back up and straighten them out. The air doesn't run through the fins just the pipework which is fairly solid. The inlet pipe is probably distorted so you may need to source a new bit for there allthough its probably made from a malleable material so may be re-shapeable.

Whats the last picture pointing at?? The fact that there is only one jubilee clip on it?

Kosmic - yes just had car resprayed mate but no bodywork damage at all, or paintwork anyway thank fook! Bonnet clipped back onto mounts fine! ;)

Dangerous - the pic was pointing at the silicone hoses to connect pipes. That's whats torn I think. Need to replace asap but not sure where from.

The IC has definately shifted a large amoung but is clear from the rad etc. Just that buckled inlet pipe that's a little alarming.

Really not sure whether to just replace all pipework.