The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Noise levels in dB

kosmic

Tried searching for this info but cant seem to find anything. Was just wondering if anyone has taken any noise level figures in dB of say

1) stock turbos,decat & aftermarket exhaust like a RSR/Nur Spec etc

2) Single turbo with ext. wastegate and say a 3" DP/Mp & Exhaust?

many thanks

is there a legal noise limit class one? When the fuzz pulled me over he gave me a real hard time about the noise, however I have both cats in it passed its mot and my old mans stock griff is far louder. I did say to the copper that it was no louder than a super bike or fearri (god I cant spell that)

is there a legal noise limit class one? When the fuzz pulled me over he gave me a real hard time about the noise, however I have both cats in it passed its mot and my old mans stock griff is far louder. I did say to the copper that it was no louder than a super bike or fearri (god I cant spell that)

Some info here, but Police need to prove your noise emissions with a decibel meter in order to prosecute you and its not a standard issue bit of kit to traffic. As for Mot's its the opinion of the tester that counts as to wether its too noisy or not.

Sorry for slight hi jack back on topic now.

I'd take a wild guess as 1) being in the mid-high nineties and 2) being well over 100db.

JamieP's failed 97db, but TerryS's was really really close to 97db (Brunters limit) iirc.

I'd have though a single with a screamer would have far more problems with a drive by test than a static.

Some info here, but Police need to prove your noise emissions with a decibel meter in order to prosecute you and its not a standard issue bit of kit to traffic. As for Mot's its the opinion of the tester that counts as to wether its too noisy or not.

Sorry for slight hi jack back on topic now.

No probs. Was just looking at the FIA GT2/GT3 noise regs and states that the maximum level is 110dB. Now we all know how loud race cars are compared to normal tuned cars but that level seems low in camparison to how much noise they put out. I know noise level increases exponentionally but even some of the loud single cars on here i swear i read somewhere had really high noise readings but i still cant see how theyd be louder than 110dB limited GT cars....maybe im just being a geek :innocent:

No probs. Was just looking at the FIA GT2/GT3 noise regs and states that the maximum level is 110dB. Now we all know how loud race cars are compared to normal tuned cars but that level seems low in camparison to how much noise they put out. I know noise level increases exponentionally but even some of the loud single cars on here i swear i read somewhere had really high noise readings but i still cant see how theyd be louder than 110dB limited GT cars....maybe im just being a geek :innocent:

Racing cars and bikes noise limits are normally tested at a certain RPM but when racing they are much louder than the limits. HTH

I'd take a wild guess as 1) being in the mid-high nineties and 2) being well over 100db.

JamieP's failed 97db, but TerryS's was really really close to 97db (Brunters limit) iirc.

I'd have though a single with a screamer would have far more problems with a drive by test than a static.

Terry had a bung in his boostlogic;)

I didnt have one and mine made 104db at 4000rpm static.:)