The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fraud?

Guest removed123

Guest removed123

Hey guys, I recently encountered 2 people to sell me their Supras for EXTREMELY Cheap, I would love to hear your inputs...I don't know if they are scams or not, 1st time buying a car.

Supra 1:

Selling for 6g USD, Pictures almost prove it's not that much... Paint job, system, and bodykit add up to almost that much, plus the mods. - He claims his buisness over seas needs immediate money so hes selling it cheap. Oh btw, its a UK Man.

Whats fishy is, when i saw his yahoo auto ad, said he lived in Chicago, but now says he is in UK. Psh?!

Pics:http://www.megaboost.co.uk/supra/photos/graffiti-supra-03.JPG

http://www.megaboost.co.uk/supra/photos/graffiti-supra-01.JPG

http://www.megaboost.co.uk/supra/photos/graffiti-supra-04.JPG

-----

He say's we will use a 3'd party so no one can get scammed.

Man #2 -

His story:

Hello there,

My name is Man#2, I email you regarding the 1995 Toyota Supra that I have it for sale.

My 1995 Supra Twin Turbo 6 Speed is in excellent mechanical condition. Brand new OEM Turbos from Tracy Toyota with 1 yr unlimited mileage warranty. Turbos where replaced and installed on July 2, 2005 by Tracy Toyota (Near San Jose, CA). Just had the oil change at 86k with full synthetic oil and brand new battery with full vehicle inspection. Brakes are at 70% tires are at 80% tred left so this vehicle is totally drivable as it sits now. (I've used it occasionally to take my eldest son to summer school) All work has been done at the dealership (Tracy Toyota).

This vehicle has a HKS intercooler, Down Pipe, Exhaust, Turbo Timer, Cam Gears, Greddy Blow Off Valve, Greddy Boost Controller. There is an upgraded South Bend Stage II Kevlar Clutch and fly wheel. 19" Racing Hart Rims in the Rear and 18" in the front. (I also have the stock down pipe, exhaust system etc.)

I was in the middle of redoing the whole sound system so the winner will also get 2 phoenix gold 10" dual voice coil subs and a 600X2 phoenix gold amp. Everything works great. The head unit works along with the stock speakers in the car. The main power wire from the battery back to the trunk needs to be re-ran. The previous owner spliced the power wires together, not even the same gage wire, which is super cheesy not to mention dangerous.

I want to let you know that I have few buyers who are very interested in buying the car, so in case you want to buy it asap, please emai me back ASAP.

Thanks

Man#2

He wants it for 5500, another email he sent me says:

The car is located in San Martin, California but don't worry I will pay shipping to your house. I have to tell you that I recently moved to Birmingham, United Kingdom due to work and family. I lost my job and now the bank knocks at my door to pay the rate for the house I bought so I really need to sell the car fast to solve this issue.

The price is $5,500. As this is a large purchase I suggest using a third party to complete this purchase. For safety reasons I think that the most important thing, when we make a deal over the Internet, is both of us to have 100% protection in case of fraud or anything else.

I had the car listed on a couple of websites and I want to finalize the deal through a third party escrow agent that will provide 100% protection for buyer and seller.

We will use Ebay's Secure Payment Center to handle the funds. They will also offer you a 5 days inspection period with money back guarantee. I have a $20,000 insurance policy with them so We will be both refunded in case of something happens. As soon as the payment will be made I will take a plane to US and take care of the rest of the things ( shipping of the car along with the title ).

This is how the deal works:

1.The Seller will open the transaction --> 2.The buyer has to make the payment to Ebay's Payment Center and they will deposit the money into their secure escrow account --> 3. The seller will ship the item to the buyer and he has 5 days to inspect it -->4.The buyer will contact Ebay and will notify them if he is satisfied or not --> 5.Ebay will release the money to the seller(in case the buyer is satisfied) or will refund the buyer(in case he is not satisfied).

If you agree with my terms please send me your full name and address so I can open a case with Ebay. Remember that time is an issue for me and I received many emails regarding the car, so please conta ct me ONLY if you are interested

I will wait your reply.

PS : Don't forget to send me your full name and address

---- I would really love your c/c's please. I need a supra so bad, I'vebeen wanting to have one since I was 11! Please and thank you guys!

Hi, nice to see you made it here, my forum is probably a bit quiet for getting to the bottom of scams like this :)

Just one thing I meant to ask, are they using my hosted pics in the auctions? If so can you link me to the ad so I can change the pics and screw with them a little ;)

Guest removed123

You said you saw these images on ebay, well he claims he has never put his car on EBAY EVERY, He totally denys it...

Shrug, No supra, No car, No sweet car =[

Anyone looking to sell a supra under 8g usd? =[ ... Contact me, my email is [email protected]

Seems like only scammers are contacting me, Seriously my inbox is filled with hundreds of different people w/ their "Fly" supras.