The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Had a four-wheel laser alignment today.

RedM

Two months ago, in a fit of stupidity, I took my car to Kwik-Fit for wheel balancing. While there I decided to get the tracking done. They did all this but the steering wheel wasn't totally straight when driving. I kept meaning to go back but always had something else that needed doing.

Having the day off today I decided I'd go someplace else and get the tracking done. I'm glad I did. The o/s front was out and the n/s rear was way out. "Hmm" I thought "that might explain why the back has felt a little loose lately" (I also applauded my alliterative abilities).

The guy doing the work had huge problems undoing something and reckons that it might not have been undone for years. This puts paid to the belief I had that the man I previously trusted to do my wheels fobbed me off with half a job.

Anyways, I'm rambling and you all want to know how the car drives. Beautifully, thank you. The back end feels much more planted and she corners as if on rails (unfortunately for the shopping in the boot:blink:).

Very happy so would like to recommend Gordons Tyres on the Silkwood Estate, Flanshaw, Wakefield just off the M1 at Jct 39.

Mine was done on Tuesday and may i say it was a F**king mile out! Drives absoloutely amazing now, grips to the road and corners fantastic. Only cost me £60.00 + VAT from a company called Body Work Direct in County Durham. He give me the before and after print outs to :)

Hmm, i had my tracking done on the cheap at a local branch of Brittania tyres recently and my steering wheel has been skew-wiff since, although the car does drive a lot nicer than before, i think i need to invest in a proper job next time.

Dude, ETS in Derby do the four wheel laser alignment. Had mine done after fitting my coilovers and bigger wheels. Did a great job and also took someone else off the board there to have a decat pipe made up. Did a really good job.

Gaz