The mkiv Supra Owners Club

11.9 at pod

Terminator

No not me as my build is not complete.

A couple of my young friend have built the fast street Street legal Nova in the country. It is a 2 L Turbo, and did the 11.9 on it thrid run. They have not turned the boost up yet and the Nos kit only arrived today. Their target is to break the 11.3 Nova record held by a drag car on race fuel and not street legal.

It was the cars first time out too. They did not expect it to do so well. It was carrying a spare wheel, two jacks, some tools and clothing and a sun roof. They have now stripped it out down to one seat and replace the sun roof with a sheet of Ali, saving over 50 KG's.

I might have to go and see it next time it runs as they were not using full power for the 11.9, it was a shake down.

Awesome time! I had my fair share of novas, 3 of. Can be a great little pocket rocket with the XE or LET engine in.

Was the blue nova there with white compo wheels that had been converted to rear wheel drive and the entire front end comes off - wings, bonnet etc? Alot of wedge has gone in to that!

I am sure i read something a while back about a duratec engine in a drag car in america making some serious power, (well over 1000+ bhp), and to think everyone used to go mad over the "2.0 red-tops" once over!;)

I can only think of the trusty civic's (ef/eg versions)for matching the nova's in the power/weight race.

my mate also has a turbo nova, that he built himself, which easily runs in the 12s at 115ish terminals. All very well, but there any more than a seat in it and it goes through gearboxes monthly!

would much rather a high bhp supe which does the same, and is full of gadgets n goodies :D and is reliable..:blink:

The guy has had many Nova's used each one as a development of the last. I dont have a spec list, but alot has gone into stiffening and suspension. Unlike many it does not suffer torque steer, it pulls dead straight. Tyres are street legal just.

It is is expected that the engine will blow next time out, but engines are low cost and relatively easy to build to a good spec.

We may see him on here next year as he intends to move to MKIV TT