The mkiv Supra Owners Club

question for n/a owners who have went down the tt road

steve0

thought it would be best to ask n/a previous owners this question who have or owned a tt ive got n/a auto at present which im in the process of selling im still considering on what to get next i love the look of the supra so im considering a tt so wanting to know apart from performance what else did you notice like fuel are you spending a lot more on it insurance and reliablity things like that cheers

I went from an aerotop n/a auto to a hardtop gz tt auto. The fuel economy of the tt isnt quite as good as the n/a, but everytime you put your foot down you really dont care!!:D

I do miss the aerotop sometimes on sunny days, but i've never thought to myself when low on fuel 'I wish I still had the na!!' An everytime I pulled up alongside a wrx or evo I thought 'I wish I had a twin turbo!!!'

Insurance wise there wasn't a big difference, about £100 or so.

I was in the same boat as you, wasn't sure whether to go for a tt supra or something completely different. I chose the supra an i've never regreted it!!:)

Dave

Went from n/a auto to Aristo TT, insurance the same fuel the same but as people say with number 2 online eats fuel, but to have number 2 online all the time you would be going fast everywhere or live on a motorway, reliability has been a bastard see post "bollocks" but i suppose these things are sent to try us, car has never broken down though

This thread is telling me to stay N/A.... I think I need a go in a TT to see what the difference is...

Once you go in a TT there is no going back!

Plenty more mods for a TT too, so I find myself spending a more money, or at least saving towards a HUGE single Turbo! :D

Economy personally, is slightly worse than the NA, it depends how you drive the car, but as mastercard say... the smile on your face will be priceless!

My advice, get into a TT, you'll never look back! :cool:

:) Hi SteveO I went from a Black n/a to a Silver TT and to be honest I LOVE IT ;) you need to have a drive in one mate they are a different animal, the acceleration is addictive, as for running costs yeah there is more but depends on how much and what type of driving you do ie a lot of Motorway work there wont be much difference TBH, the insurance went up but not a lot really, as for relialablity same as an N/A there are more parts to go wrong yeah but its a Toyota LOL just find a well looked after one and you will be laughing

IMO if you can afford it go for it mate you wont regret it,im not dissing the n/a in any way i loved mine its just more power is allways addictive

Hope this helps :innocent:

Cheers

Ian