The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wow going BPU is pretty awsome! with a couple of questions thrown in at the end

spackrackman

A couple of weeks ago with the help Of Whifbitz I had some bits to make my car go faster added. I thought it was a quick car before but now........ awsome! It did cost a fair bit when its all added up and my credit card took the brunt of it! I still need a few bits fine tuning by paul which I will get sorted soon and

I am not sure if I am pushing the boost a little to much?.

Its peaking at 1.34 bar every now and again with nearly 1.3 every other foot down expierience. Any one know what kind of BHP approx it is creating now? I have a FMIC, rsr, 2.5" both decat, sbc color boost controller and walbro pump.

OH and is 10.9 AFR reading ok on full power with about 14.1 on tick over.

thanks

jonnie

Well done mate:)

Are you using an electronic Boost controller or just a restricter ring? If it's just a restricter ring then you need one with a smaller hole! Most people say upto 1.2 bar is ok

If your car is running well then a good 400 bhp on the flywheel :cool:

A couple of weeks ago with the help Of Whifbitz I had some bits to make my car go faster added. I thought it was a quick car before but now........ awsome! It did cost a fair bit when its all added up and my credit card took the brunt of it! I still need a few bits fine tuning by paul which I will get sorted soon and

I am not sure if I am pushing the boost a little to much?.

Its peaking at 1.34 bar every now and again with nearly 1.3 every other foot down expierience. Any one know what kind of BHP approx it is creating now? I have a FMIC, rsr, 2.5" both decat, sbc color boost controller and walbro pump.

thanks

jonnie

Well done mate:)

Are you using an electronic Boost controller or just a restricter ring? If it's just a restricter ring then you need one with a smaller hole! Most people say upto 1.2 bar is ok

If your car is running well then a good 400 bhp on the flywheel :cool:

Its a Uk spec so no restrictor ring and an electronic boost controller. I like the sound of 400.. god knows how people drive a 600+ daily... dont take me wrong I would if I could but this will do for a few weeks anyway!!

Ro, he's UK spec so not need for the 'ring. There's less chance of running lean, but I'd still recommend Jonnie gets an AFR gauge.

Provided everythings running well thats an easy 400bhp at the flywheel (UK inlet cam will help squeeze a little more HP than the Jspecs), on an auto probably 340bhp at the wheels.

BPU is good isn't it? You'll never get tired of the kick in the back at 4krpm :D

Its a Uk spec so no restrictor ring and an electronic boost controller. I like the sound of 400.. god knows how people drive a 600+ daily... dont take me wrong I would if I could but this will do for a few weeks anyway!!

ahh right! - You can turn the boost/Gain/duty down on your EBC - What make and model is it?

UK tubbies can take more punishment than Jap - I think upto 1.3 bar

Ro, he's UK spec so not need for the 'ring. There's less chance of running lean, but I'd still recommend Jonnie gets an AFR gauge.

Sounds like he's already got one Homer, maybe recommend an EGT gauge if he's going to be running that level lof boost consistently though

Mike

BPU is good isn't it? You'll never get tired of the kick in the back at 4krpm :D

No I wont!!! but I find I have to be even more aware when over taking as i no longer can just floor it and hold on.. now it tends powerslide sideways 1st!!! I think this will do me till next year and then I will start to think whats next. Its this damn website.. it seems to make me spend money. Only two months ago I was saying how happy I was with a standard supra.. now look what I have done!

Sounds like he's already got one Homer, maybe recommend an EGT gauge if he's going to be running that level lof boost consistently though

Oh yeah, whoops! Not sure EGT is worth it if you already have an AFR gauge. An AFR gauge reacts much, much faster so you're safer keeping an eye on that than EGT's.

Its this damn website.. it seems to make me spend money. Only two months ago I was saying how happy I was with a standard supra.. now look what I have done!

If I'd never found this site I would probably still have a stock supra!

When I picked the car up from Paul Evans in Dec 2003, I told him I'd never modify it. He still takes the p*ss out of that comment to this day!

Its worth it though... :)

Mate you can have two settings on most EBC's - Maybe have one setting for stockish boost and one for extra fun!

This is what I understand. The SBC color thing I have seems rather complicated and have not bonded with it yet. I have been thinking of having two settings but then thats what my foot is for.