The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Trade Auctions... To good to be true?

RobEvans

Just wondering what you guys think? I visited Liverpool import trade auctions last week as Im looking for a tt.

tt auto went for 5k

tt manual & veilside kit went for 6k

and 3 N/As went for 2.5k-3k

all low miles

Also rx7s and GTS's went for around 3k mark.

Sounds like a good deal with lots of savings to be made but these cars are freash from japan and I dont know how much it costs to register, convert to MPH ect?

Any advice would be great! Thanks:)

only costs £35 to register, plus tax,mot,foglight etc but there are alot of savings to be made. Im always down the auctions and supes always go for that sort of money. You don't really know what you are buying though, there could be any number of things wrong with them

If you buy a dud, £4k won't get you very far at all! Parts for these cars are expensive.

I bought one that was not well treated by the previous, it cost £6k just getting it running properly. Its now had £12k invested but still suffering a couple of minor issues.

OK cheers guys.:)

Iv been looking for a tt auto, all the articals iv read say they should be 4.5k to 5k but I cant find any for anywhere near that price.

Any ideas for what I should be paying for a good one? or even accident damaged as I work in a bodyshop.