The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How fast is really effing fast?

Gazboy

Someone I know is trying to put togeather an article for a TV show comparing a Veyron, an Ultima 720GTR & a Callaway Corvette Sledgehammer.

It got me thinking- is there a car on these forums that could match the performance of either of these three cars -in tesco trim- at a venue such as a test track like Ehra-Lessien for example????

Also, is there any other tuner specials you think may have a chance? I thought about the Konig Evolution as being a contender.

Someone I know is trying to put togeather an article for a TV show comparing a Veyron, an Ultima 720GTR & a Callaway Corvette Sledgehammer.

It got me thinking- is there a car on these forums that could match the performance of either of these three cars -in tesco trim- at a venue such as a test track like Ehra-Lessien for example????

Also, is there any other tuner specials you think may have a chance? I thought about the Konig Evolution as being a contender.

No

The Vette is good for over 250mph, I'm sure there are plenty of Vipers knocking around the US that could easily compete.

Dunno about Supras on this forum in a trim to match those.. however that dude in Poland got his to 225mph!

The Vette hit 254mph at an Ohio test track in 1988!

The fastest Viper in this country ran 215mph, has any of the Hennersy (sp?) Venom's ever actually been verified by an independent body?

That 9ff 996 Supersport has to be in with a shout with 248mph at Nardo, which is quite impressive considering the tyre scrub generated at the place.

I have an issue of Road and Track where one of their cars (Hennesey Viper TT ) hit 210mph in standing mile... with its top off! :)

My god!

R&T did a shoot-out about 8 years ago that had modded Vipers, Vettes, 550M, HKS Supra, RUF 911 and a Macca F1. Iirc the yank cars failed the smog law afterwards so were disqualified. Macca won hands down.

What else would you expect from a million $ car!

I was kinda hoping it was going to get a good shoeing!

The TVR Speed 12 is supposed to be good for 240mph, but to the best of my knowledge it has never been 'figured' or even run at WOT. I do know it has some serious traction issues.

Do a search for SVS Viper on google, they're even quicker almost hitting 220mph in a standing mile!

Yeah the Speed 12 was supposed to be a beast, funny you mention the traction issues, as I remember from GT4 thats what put me off it :D

Some people tried to persuade the owner to let Autocar or EVO figure the car, but he said "why-I have nothing to prove!".

I should think the 6.0TT Cerbera being built at Austec Racing will be pretty quick, but seeing as the engine is still in a million pieces we have a long wait to find out.

Probably had racing rubber of some description, it also ran a lot faster than 249, I think it nearly hit 270 on one run.

It had solid alloy discs for wheels and no tyres. It also had to be towed to 50mph as 1st was too tall to pull away cleanly (metal has shit traction on salt I guess).

The picture above seems to differ from your account :search:

It's what I read from the Jun website & a magazine that featured the run. I've also seen pics of it with the discs on. Maybe that pic is a promo shot????

It's a shame this TV program is limited to production cars- the TRD3000GT would qualify though! It would have to be as it left Toyota Technocraft though.