The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Heathrow??

77miles

Hi,

Does anyone live in or near Heathrow? if so have you ever heard of a place called 'Heathrow motor services'

They have given me a really good price to do my engine work but as I don't live anywhere near them I have never heard of them.

I don't want to hand my car over to them until I can be sure they are'nt cowboys.

Any info on them appreciated.

Cheers guys.

I dont know when your going ahead with this, but the name sounds very familair to that a work mate that had his Scoobie engine rebuilt. Absolute pile of shite. Cam pullies are cermic and they fitted a steel 'V' one and cut into the belt only a few miles after (so i've been told). Plus they'd only warrant the work if you get it serviced back at their place?!?!?!?

Had loads of hassle with them - IF IT IS THEM!

NOTE I WILL CONFIRM IF THIS IS THE COMPANY ASAP

Thought i'd post this just in case this is the company and you're taking it them tonight/tomorrow!

Regards

Hhhmmm, a couple of the things i've seen from Abbey would make your toes curl mate.

Interesting, care to expand? PM if you prefer.

Heard numerous problems about Abbey in the 3 years I’ve been here, hence why I've never considered them (or their ridiculous prices).

Just did a Google search on them and thank god I did!!!

It came up with a watchdog report, they used to be called someting else but have recently changed there name to 'HEATHROW MOTOR SERVICES' they basicly take your car engine to pieces then tell you it's much worse than it is and ask you for three times as much money and if you can't pay they dump your engine in the boot and give it back.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/tv_and_radio/watchdog/reports/transport/transport_20060502.shtml

Interesting, care to expand? PM if you prefer.

Heard numerous problems about Abbey in the 3 years I’ve been here, hence why I've never considered them (or their ridiculous prices).

The first instaance was a 200sx a while ago. There's a garage in Shiplake i go to sometimes and the owner was there after getting his engine rebuilt by Abbey who must have had no idea what they were doing. Think there was a gasket or 2 missing as well as several bolts.

Then a few months ago saw a Skyline GTS-T with yet another engine rebuild. Owner said there was a ratteling from the engine and i even helped undo bolts that had obviously never been touched and should have been for the rebuild. Think i also have video of the turbo completely F'd which turned out to be the cause of the noise. Think he had been charged over £4K for them to probably do an oil change at most.

After seeing 4/5 bits of their work now if i ever had a skyline i'd never go there.

Good info turner, two of my mates (Skyline GTR, and a nissan 200) take their cars there and swear by them. Mind you, they do spend a lot of dosh....

Personally, I take mine to Whifbitz for mechanical stuff, although would try pheonix anyday.

But i always give a garage 3 strikes and then i wont go back.

is that 3 strikes on your car or someone elses car?? ;)

PM me about the garages if you believe the info could be useful for me.

After what happened to ToyotaTom, I certainly for one will not be taking my car to that discussed garage.

imi