The mkiv Supra Owners Club

uk spec supra

Guest wightman

Guest wightman

Alright all,

my second post here.

My question is how hard is it to get a uk spec TT manual for around 8-9k , the reason why is i cant get insured on an import due to me been 23. i would be looking for it to be standard or with a few mods like zorst induction kit etc...

cheers

chris.:)

will be difficult mate, they're very sought after cars.

personally i'd go for this one here (luckily it's red too ;)):

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=80519

have you ever driven an Auto Supra before? if not then certainly don't discount them, give it a try.

either that or get yourself a jspec TT 6sp for a grand or two less and use that on your insurance.

Guest wightman

not drove a supra at all (yet) but as for the auto thing i cant see myself with an auto, would fell better with manual for the driving experience of the car.

@ 23 you really shouldnt have any probs getting insurance on imports for under 1k with people such as elephant, admiral etc, plenty of people including myself have been insured since 21.

Also 9k will get you a nicer j-spec than uk model in the same spec.

Guest wightman
@ 23 you really shouldnt have any probs getting insurance on imports for under 1k with people such as elephant, admiral etc, plenty of people including myself have been insured since 21.

Also 9k will get you a nicer j-spec than uk model in the same spec.

thats who i got the quote off elephant as ive just left uni and will be in a job very soon (finally have money) but the quote was £860 with £350ex due to me been a named driver under me mam for the past 5 years so i have no 'no claims' . but i still think its really good, that is for a uk spec tho, but ill ring them and see if i can for an import.

Guest wightman

REF; supra man , im open to and will have a chat to the lads at the north east meet about it.

cheers

REF; tdraper Jspec? (jap spec)? is that not classed as an import?

REF; supra man , im open to and will have a chat to the lads at the north east meet about it.

cheers

REF; tdraper Jspec? (jap spec)? is that not classed as an import?

Jspec = Import :)

You should be able to a quote online on the imports too.

you'll have a very hard job trying to find a UK manual for 8-9k unless it highish mileage, there very saught after and there were only a couple of hundred made if that, as been mentioned earlier dont rule out the auto my last suup was an auto and i must admit it was luvly to drive and no shortage of fun with the right foot:d :flame:

on the insurance side of things go onto elephant and just change your origional quote to add you mum as a 2nd named driver under you and watch the £££'s come down! :D :d it works give it a try!, i saved nearly £400 just doing my insurance like this, goes without saying i never let her drive it thoguh:tongue:

Guest wightman
on the insurance side of things go onto elephant and just change your origional quote to add you mum as a 2nd named driver under you and watch the £££'s come down! :D :d it works give it a try!, i saved nearly £400 just doing my insurance like this, goes without saying i never let her drive it thoguh:tongue:

i'll give that a try, cheers i'll do some fishing around for quotes and i'll try the 'mum' thing LOL!

but the quote was £860 with £350ex

Is that it!!??? If you triple it you will get just over what I'm paying for my N/A, I am 21 though!! I was looking for a manual UK TT but gave up due to it being harder to find (although I test drove one and almost bought it (wow it was fast!! :D ))

I was quoted around £1100 for a UK TT (was £1500 untill I put my parents on it with Admiral/Elephant) which is why I wanted one but decided to pay a grand less on the car and get one that I really wanted and put that extra £1000 towards the insurance - I definately made the right choice!

Give sky a go, they have agreed value and like for like mods etc