The mkiv Supra Owners Club

illuminated a/c control pushbuttons - are they available

KaoriFan

thinking on about my RHS Dash panel.

i was wondering if it is possible to obtain all the a/c pushbutton's so the pictogram is illuminated as well as the LED above them. maybe i am wrong, but i seem to remember seeing this in the past.

i find having the LED lit up on it's own doesn't look as nice as if you can have pushbuttons lit as well

another strange request, i know, lol

thanks in advance for any help

Ian

I've beem working on mine and have wired in small SMT led's for each button in addition to the LEDs for the lights above them - gives a perfectly uniform glow. I used white ones to start with, but should be getting round to replacing them with blue in the near future, I'll stick some pics up when i do.

They should be lit already. Mine aren't but that is because the illuminated wire box has failed again. Need to sort it out again.

Mine keeps doing that, the third one failed the other day.

The usual way to illuminate them in a different colour is to use EL wire - you can thread it through all the buttons quite easily without having to worry about loads of LEDs.

But yeah, as standard they should light up.

cheers everyone for your help. :)

looks like i need to sort that out then, from the info you have given me.

i know the A/C one lights up, but none of the other buttons do, just the LEDs above..

i was thinking of going for a blue scheme as i have a silver supra.

thanks,

Ian

cheers everyone for your help. :)

looks like i need to sort that out then, from the info you have given me.

i know the A/C one lights up, but none of the other buttons do, just the LEDs above..

i was thinking of going for a blue scheme as i have a silver supra.

thanks,

Ian

If your wanting to change colour, you will have to use either LED's or EL wire.

If your wanting to change colour, you will have to use either LED's or EL wire.

cheers Si,

i am clueless on all things like this, so all advice is helpful. i find blue interior lights suit silver more.

would like to be able to fit some blue footwell lighting (subdued), not chavvy.

thanks once again

Ian

I can guess your reason for doing the two red ones! so that you didn't have to change all the resistors over to make all the leds the same blue colour??

I am using leds to light the backs of the switches, I just make up two LEDs with a resistor in each then solder them together and solder them direct to the PCB. with a bit of careful angling they work exactly as you would want.

Unless you do what i did and accidentally solder in one red one!!! I didn't realise until the Doh moment when i plugged it into the car.

life would be nice with a blue interior, some subdued interior lighting, thats why i want the RHS UK dash panel with the nice switches, rather than the awful looking fog light switch thats there atm.

next, would like a HUD display for the Supra. i like the idea of that.

hmm, HUD display, apache helicopter aiming eyepiece, guided missiles to take out BMWs on the motorway j/k :)