The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hole In Your Cam Cover

terribleturner

And as if magic.......

As you can see it's near the pipes right at the back.

im quite sure i havent got that hole but i've no way of checking as i havent got my car back yet. Possibly someone bolted a bracket onto it for something like the FPR?? I definitely didn't bolt anything back in there though, thats for sure

If other cars are missing it I guess there wasn't meant to be anything there. IMHO OC.

True, but why do it in the first place if so?? Why would Toyota just decide to drill a hole in the cam covers and put a thread in it if it had no use??

im quite sure i havent got that hole but i've no way of checking as i havent got my car back yet. Possibly someone bolted a bracket onto it for something like the FPR?? I definitely didn't bolt anything back in there though, thats for sure

You'll have to look now when you get it back. Think i looked at 3 cars that aall had the hole.

There is a clamp which holds a pipe on mine. Think its the idle air control valve pipe.

Could well be. Anyone wanna confirm that, or have a picture??

james DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANSIS DRIVE THE CAR, until i get there and test drive it for you;)

I wont Gaz, but don't forget im running the engine in so veery slow rise of revs up to 3.5K and no more :D

My old FPR bracket was bolted on this hole