The mkiv Supra Owners Club

De baffled My HKS superdragger

johnd-mkiv

Made up a 3" 1st and 2nd stainless decat pipe, fitted them the other day with a HKS super dragger back box, looks the nuts but was to quiet could just about hear it over the dump valve and turbo spool.

So out come the grinder today cut the end off the back box and removed all the wadding, never seen it before but its cladded with, what I would say is drilling swarf then packed out with a cloth wadding. I have removed the lot so its just the skin of the back box, tig welded the end can back on, put it back on the car and run her up. Its a little louder on tick over but more throaty when it rises above 1.5k so Im a happy bunny for now:eyebrows: Going to look into changing the pipe that HKS supply as its made from the crapest steel going with some nice stainless as it should be, have a play around with rear box's to see if I can change the note and end up with a unique look aswell ;)

will try post up a sound clip or vid soon

I think you may have stolen the thunder (if you'll parden the pun) of another member who I know was in the process of doing something very similar.

Fair play though. I think he'll be pleased to hear (again sorry for the pun) that it's worth it

Mike

Cant see there being a prob :) this is just a mild fix untill im happy with the sound and look. Ill know when I have it right as the neighbours will not be speaking to me again :D

I think you may have stolen the thunder (if you'll parden the pun) of another member who I know was in the process of doing something very similar.

Mike

It twas me :)

Already done the mod myself, just havnt put it back on the car yet - need to find a suitable exhaust mounting bracket as the Apexi N1 one is different to the stock one.

Yup, definately full of crap those draggers. Half a bin bag full of baffle stuff came out of mine. Made the zorst much lighter in the process :)

Glad to read it sounds better now - just need to hear mine, lol. Mines double decatted so if the dragger dosnt sound louder then Im 'baffled' (no pun inteded!) as to how to get it any louder, Im using a straight through 85mm system, lol.