The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ironbridge Meeting, Monday 11th Sept

Pete

Last one was a nice friendly meet of jap cars organised by someone in the MR2OC.

There were obviously a few MR2's old and new, plus a couple of rexs, a Mitsi GTO, R33 liner, scooby, Hyundai coupe and of course a Supra :D

They're a pleasant bunch and it was a nice evening. The location is good tucked out the way at the bottom of Ironbridge next to the river. Looks like good food too, but last orders at 20:00.

I could be persuaded to go earlier for nosh if anyone else is up for it.

It's going to be a regular second monday of the month thing so I would like to see some of you lot make it next time on the 11th Sept!

Bump what's happening.

Let's have a vote:

A) I risk it and come with a damaged alloy still but at least there's the possibility i'll survive.

B) Don't be stupid don't come.

C) We don't want you to come Greg.

;)

I'm going and it would be good to see you there Greg :) But I wouldn't like to say risk it with the way your wheel is mate :search: That's really up to you.

Good night. 40 cars in the end.

Good mix of MR2s, Skylines, Evo, Scooby, RX7, Celicas and four Supras this time. Me, Trick, Burna and a chap with a complete white Veilside Fortune conversion (the new one) including wheels. Had Nemesis stickers all over it. Looked quite amazing.

A pleasure as always to meet you guys again as always.

Also met Ian (Supra-man) who came from Inverness for the meet! Now that's dedication. (The visit to leave his car with ChrisW for two days was just a coincidence he said)

I won't bother eating there again I don't think and meet at the car park instead. Perhaps grab a snack at the pub across the road from the car park rather than the Woodbridge where we end up at. That way there is a little more daylight to see the cars - it was too dark. :(

just in a caf at the moment in Wem waiting for Chris to finish my car for me so thought i'd just post my agreement with what Pete's already said.

good night, good selection of cars (would have been another if mine had been ok :(

the Fortune kitted Supra did look stunning but it's certainly a bit of a marmite thing (will be uploading pics for all to see but they're not great as it was so dark).

only complaints were that the car park was too small and it was too late with too little lighting to be able to see the cars properly.

lastly, a big thanks to Pete for the lift and was a pleasure to meet you as well as Burna and Trick. Will see you all again at next years Dragon Ball and/or JAE!!

Good night. 40 cars in the end.

Good mix of MR2s, Skylines, Evo, Scooby, RX7, Celicas and four Supras this time. Me, Trick, Burna and a chap with a complete white Veilside Fortune conversion (the new one) including wheels. Had Nemesis stickers all over it. Looked quite amazing.

A pleasure as always to meet you guys again as always.

Also met Ian (Supra-man) who came from Inverness for the meet! Now that's dedication. (The visit to leave his car with ChrisW for two days was just a coincidence he said)

I won't bother eating there again I don't think and meet at the car park instead. Perhaps grab a snack at the pub across the road from the car park rather than the Woodbridge where we end up at. That way there is a little more daylight to see the cars - it was too dark. :(

Was good to meet Ian, how did you get on at Chris Wilsons in the end?

picked my car up from Chris' at around three o'clock the next day mate. seemed fine, although there was nothing mechanically wrong he'd changed the diff oil, tightened the sub-frame bolts and did a full geo alignment.

this seemed to almost do the trick until on the way back up the road just after i got into Scotland (do i have a racist Supra? is it just too cold in Scotland??) the problem came back with a vengeance!!

Chris suggested a couple of other things that it could be if it wasn't cured but i'm looking at a few more hundred quid for those so best start saving!!