The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Why Do Jap Cars Never Have Alarms?

DrivingTheDream

.. like the rest of the world?

Not every country is inhabited by vandals, scumbags and pikeys.

There are places where you do not even have to lock your front door (not cloud-coockooland, try Canada)

There are other places where you get public flogging for damaging other people's property (Singapore for example)

...not to mention places where you get fingers/hands chopped off for stealing

Contrast: modern UK where theft and mindless vandalism are expected and police often routinely refuse to attend to burglaries (Bromley for example)

do you know about the traffic problems in Japan? Especially in Tokyo if you were to steal a car, when the owner finds out you will probably only be 200m down the road stuck behind traffic.

I´m not sure if this is the official reason but I´m guessing this is one of the factors.

My Brother said Korea is similar, car crime is severaly punished so it simply doesn't happen!

The contrast is there is always a drunk businessman in a suit puking his guts up in the gutter at 4 in the morning after a night on the saki! Apparently they drink A LOT there!!!

There are places where you do not even have to lock your front door (not cloud-coockooland, try Canada)

I know a number of Americans who never lock their doors. Some blinkered people in this country think the US is rife with crime, but the fact is the UK is pretty much no.1 in the World for muggings, car crime and house crime. Well no.2 after Australia actually. For example:

% of people who were the victim of "contact crime" (defined as robbery, sexual assault, and assault with force) last year:

Australia - 4.1

Eng & Wales - 3.6

USA - 1.9

Japan - 0.4

Think that says a lot about Japan's society.

Obviously Australia is full of British crims and their descendents, so we can take credit for that too!

:looney:

There's a few very organised gangs that go after high end cars, but petty car theft or vandalism is all but unheard of. In fact all theft is very uncommon.

I've seen a guy being helped to his feet by a copper at 6.30am outside of Yokohama station, clearly still half pissed. Still had his laptop with him, see how long that would stay with you in Bromley/Croydon.

Most Japanese I've met are complete lightweights, but it doesn't stop them trying :D Haven't seen a fight yet either :)

Most Japanese I've met are complete lightweights.....

Isn't that something to do with the east inventing china really early on, and therefore drinking tea, but our western clay just melted when we put tea in it so we ended up drinking beer instead!!

Now hundreds of years on we're hardened to alcohol and the east aren't used to it so they just get pissed really easy.

Or is it cos they're all 4 foot tall?

Isn't that something to do with the east inventing china really early on, and therefore drinking tea, but our western clay just melted when we put tea in it so we ended up drinking beer instead!!

Now hundreds of years on we're hardened to alcohol and the east aren't used to it so they just get pissed really easy.

Thats just brilliant :D

Gaz.

Why don't we drink tea out of a Britain cup and saucer then, poured from a Britain Teapot?

There's a few very organised gangs that go after high end cars, but petty car theft or vandalism is all but unheard of. In fact all theft is very uncommon.

I've seen a guy being helped to his feet by a copper at 6.30am outside of Yokohama station, clearly still half pissed. Still had his laptop with him, see how long that would stay with you in Bromley/Croydon.

Most Japanese I've met are complete lightweights, but it doesn't stop them trying :D Haven't seen a fight yet either :)

hmm, Croydon, haven't been there in ages. used to go to Surrey Street a fair bit, loved the sausages from Kennedy's :D

i know what you mean, sad reflection on UK when we go to these other countries and see how they are, and look at what goes on 'back home'.

lol, i like it, and so very true. had a friend from Philipines and she was classed as tall at 5ft2inches :)

then again, i know this Japanese woman in Osaka and she is 5ft8inches

hmm, Croydon, haven't been there in ages. used to go to Surrey Street a fair bit, loved the sausages from Kennedy's :D

i know what you mean, sad reflection on UK when we go to these other countries and see how they are, and look at what goes on 'back home'.

Don't go back, it's got a lot worse :(

lol, Kennedy's sausages, my mother still won't buy anything else :D

Seen a lot of tall women here, all with great legs :cool: