The mkiv Supra Owners Club

this may be a silly question!!!!!

supra-lover

I don't think so mate. There's VERY few large sequential kits on the market, and none that I think are openly available (ie they all seem to be custom made)

The benefit's of a big twin kit verses a large single kit are a bit blurred nowadays. The problem being that most big twin kits use slightly older turbo's, and the newer single turbo's can produce the same kind of power but at lower rpm's than the used to be able to.

To kinda sum up the theory though, twins should be able to provide a similar amount of airflow, more efficiently than a similarly rated single. (ie two turbo's doing less work each - similar to why we have twin turbo's as opposed to a larger single from stock) so should either create more airflow lower in the rev range, or give more top end depending on what spec of turbo you went for.

The added weight, hmmm I guess my extra turbo will weigh in with manifold and wastegate at something like 20Kg's (worse case, and I am rubbish at estimating weight) more than if I just ran a single. When you put that into the perspective of a 15-1600kg car, it's water off a ducks back. Especially as they still weigh I would guess something in the region of 30-50% of what the stock system weighs (again bear in mind my inability to gauge weight!)

The problem you have is cost. A twin kit new will cost in excess of 5K + fitting (easily see another 2.5K on that) whereas a similarly rated single would probably chime in at 5K all in.

Hope that helps!