The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How about an M3 cs

jakewebster

A mate of mine has an M3, and another with a CSL.

I haven't seen the CSL as he's in Ireland, but the stock M3 was fun. I'm running 1.2/1.3bar and in a straight line he keeps up with me until around 140mph, then I pull away. They're nice handling cars, but he was quite suprised that he couldn't leave me through some nice twisty B roads. I put a lot of that down to ChrisW's suspension. :)

From my experience in 2 different Supras, on several occasions against a stock 2006 M3.....

BPU running 1.1 - 1.2bar should see you passing him or pulling away convincingly at anything over about 80-90mph. Below that there's not a lot between them although the M3 has always seemed a little slower.

From my experience in 2 different Supras, on several occasions against a stock 2006 M3.....

BPU running 1.1 - 1.2bar should see you passing him or pulling away convincingly at anything over about 80-90mph. Below that there's not a lot between them although the M3 has always seemed a little slower.

Yeah that! If your 1.2+Bar and your just managing to pull away after tripple figures, either the M3 is tuned or summit is wrong with your car....or you cant drive:D

Guest dee_rz

i ran a fairly low boost setting when i beat a csl but only just beat by 2 car lengths to a 1/2 mile point from slow roll, at 1.2 you should beat well enough again not easy but if you drive ok it shouldn't be a problem, stock and you will get beat :)

Guest dee_rz
Yeah that! If your 1.2+Bar and your just managing to pull away after tripple figures, either the M3 is tuned or summit is wrong with your car....or you cant drive:D

agreed with this 1.2 bar :rolleyes: you should easy out pull an m3, again at a low boost below 1 bar i murdered m3's all day long

Im talking from experience, i dont under estimate them at all Jamie, i have raced quite a few of them ( E46 stock) and have always eased away after 100 comfortably.

Im 1.25 bar, and they couldn't have all been shite drivers.

Agreed the CSL is a different case;)

Im talking from experience, i dont under estimate them at all Jamie, i have raced quite a few of them ( E46 stock) and have always eased away after 100 comfortably.

Im 1.25 bar, and they couldn't have all been shite drivers.

Agreed the CSL is a different case;)

Imo a lot of people out there wont race over a 100... they just give up.;)

But yes i do agree a supra @1.25 bar should just see of one.

Never gone up against a CS. I've gone up against a M3 and there was nowt in it (well, worthy of mention) but the CSL kicked my arse. Isn't the CS a "best of both" version? (without the daft boot and carbon roof of the CSL?)

The CSL is 360bhp and even less weight afaik, so that'd be the model to get if you were into your racing. The CS seems like the M3 with a few of the toys found in the CSL. Probably the swansong for the model which is going to be replaced with the new model shortly.

The CSL is 360bhp and even less weight afaik, so that'd be the model to get if you were into your racing. The CS seems like the M3 with a few of the toys found in the CSL. Probably the swansong for the model which is going to be replaced with the new model shortly.

I was under the impression it had the CSL wheels, suspension and seats, but the M3's engine, a/c & sat-nav?

Gimmie a mo while I google....

From EVO:

The CS is essentially an M3 that's borrowed a few tasty bits from its exotic, expensive and now out-of-production CSL sibling. Bigger brake discs, the quicker steering rack, revised springs and those gorgeous 19in forged alloys.

Okay, they're not quite as light as the genuine CSL rims but they still look great, and if the newfound composure and ride quality are anything to go by they're definitely a whole heap lighter than the ubiquitous 19-inchers that regular M3s roll on. As well as the mechanical changes, the CS also gains the CSL's M-Track mode function.