The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra in British GT - Anyone going to watch tomm?

Guest Andy Barnes

Guest Andy Barnes

Not sure if any die-hards know about this or not but Maxxspeed have built a JZA80 for British GT and its taking on its first race tomorrow ( Sunday ) at Brands Hatch.

I am defo going down for a look to see how it does against the normal GT field, about time there was something Japanese entered, gives a good reason to watch it now.

You can find info on the Brands website, I think its £14 to get in on the day.

Race starts at 14.20 from memory.

If you are looking for something to do tomm....

Andy

Guest Andy Barnes

Ah good, I did a quick search for Maxxspeed before I posted but nothing came up.

Well if anyone is going along, see you there :)

Andy

Guest Andy Barnes
Doesnt look like its going to be running now. Seemed to have had problems running in both free practise and qualifying.

How you do know that?

If its true I wont bother going

Pls advise!

so it went round the track in at an average of 10mph :( :rolleyes: damn hope they get whatever problems they are having sorted out :search: :rolleyes: :( :blink:

Doubt it mate, looks terminal. May still pop down there tommorow armed with my digicam and see if there are still in the paddock and try and get some snaps.

Bobbeh, out of interest where did you get those pictures of the car from?

Guest Andy Barnes

Hmm, maybe they get whatever problem fixed over night, might pop down to see, will be gutted if I miss it running - Alternative is Bluewater shopping :rolleyes:

I know they had ignition problems with the car recently, the guys who built the car bought a few bits from someone I know ;) ;) ;) , maybe its still a problem.

Love to see it on track and punching holes in the 'usual' field.

Leo is also running in the Aston of Barwell, he is the guy that used to own Nemesis to those who dont know, see he qualified third.

Andy