The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Pompey Meet 3 - Goodwood Race track?

doeboy

Spoke to a friends girlfriend last night whos works for the Portsmouth traffic police. Interesting conversation bearing in mind, the blast we had to Chichester the other weekend. Hampshire monitor the road to Chichester, and West Sussex police monitor Chi to Emsworth. Apparently they sit on the roadside with digital cameras zapping motorists who speed.

With that in mind and the fact we were discussing the next meet being a sunday or saturday lunchtime pie/pint. What about the club booking a track day at Goodwood? Has anyone done it already? I'll be happy to look into it if we get the same number of cars as last time.

Let me know your thoughts - Goodwood race track or normal portsmouth cruise?

I'd be interested, but am totally skint at the moment.

A couple of months and I'll have some more money (& a stock front bumper probably!) :)

Don't see why there can't be both a normal meet and a track day once there are enough people committed.

Just checked on http://www.goodwood.co.uk/circuithire/

16th September, Half day for 10 cars £135 each as comes with tuition/guidance. We could do 2 half days to fit everyone in and combine the pie pint lunch at goodwood track?

Must say, for that ammount of squid we can get ourselves a return ferry to the iow, burn arround the island and a have a feast on theyr most expensive restaurant... without cooking our brakes, pads, clutches, etc, etc...

i would again, but im skint,

i paid 260 for a full day 3weeks ago, even though there is no run-offs, its probably a lot safer then most tracks, as its no overtaking through corners,

i think my full day was expensive as it was 5cars on track each time for 10mins, no traffic

LOL, there's me talking about being skint & I spent all day yesterday at the races, betting on horses & getting lashed from 1pm till midnight!

even more skint now then!, or did you win?

shall we get another poll on the go to decide a date for the next meet?

even more skint now then!, or did you win?

shall we get another poll on the go to decide a date for the next meet?

Lost I'm afraid! Only about £30, but spent a lot of money on drinks & still feeling it now!

Sunday would be better for me, as Saturday I'd normally be at football (or rugby when I start playing again!)

Ok from the general concensus i get the feeling that most people are skint currently as just come back from holiday or being getting lashed at titty bars whatever!!

I propose we revisit this next sunday at our meet or i can relaunch this proposal in a couple of months say october. I can ring the circuit see when the next track day is in October and get a Chichester meet going, could involve the brighton massive?

Sounds like we'd enjoy a day blasting but not racing as brakes,pads and tyres cost money we havent got! Still though a half day experience could be worth it. Safe fun after all.