The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone had a renewal quote from Sky insurance?

albundy68

Got mine today n im not overly impressed.

last year: had 2 years ncb and a conviction (Dangerous Driving from 2 years back, dont ask!) and got 1900 ish. was quite chuffed!

this year: with 3 years ncb, (same conviction as before now 3+ years old),

...1900 ish,

AND, last year they messed up my policy so i only got 11.5 months instead of 12. the new quote supposedly includes a discount to compensate for this!

shouldnt i get like -10% or something for the extra ncb?

any reccomendations of people who'll insure on modified supes? spent more time getting laughed at/hung up on than getting quotes last year!

I would try A Plan. I am currently with Sky but my insurance on a TT is going to be around £950 when it arrives. I tryed A Plan and they can do it for £703.

Also Vicki has just got her insurance with A Plan on her NA. £700 with Sky vs £586 with A Plan.

Mark

will try the above 3 tomorrow.

re the DD Rayman, do a search its a looooooooooong story, theres a thread on it.

i got stiched up like a kipper! and i'm still paying the price over 5 years later.

If youre gonna crash, dont do it in a sports car, especially if youre 'young', or you'll fast become a statistic.

Keep those suggestions for insurance quotes comming, preferably with phone numbers,

...and names of 'soft touch' operators as well! lol

Call Sky again and speak to Jae, tell him you're going else ware unless they provide a better offer. You will almost certainly get a better quote.

With your car I especially wouldn't go to any company that didn't have a pre-approved guaranteed value.

They'll probably blame underwriters but my policy with Bell has gone down every year. I got a qoute from Sky that was well over in comparison to Bell and didn't take it up then this morning got a letter offering £20 discount if I take up a policy with them :D

LOL, £20 !! get a grip lads;)

Paul

keith michaels just quoted me 1475, over 500 squid less than Sky!

going to go back to sky tomorrow (jae is poorly today) n see if they can beat it.

if they cant, keith michaels it is,

if they can, ill be a bit annoyed they didnt give me a slightly better renewal quote!

reccomend John at Keith Michael for anyone trying to beat a Sky renewal quote or battle them down.

...and KM do like for like on mod replacement!

Be carefull they"re not covering you for a mk 3 instead of a mk 4 Supra.

This happened to me a few years ago & only found out when the renewal came up.Lucky I didn"t make a claim.

Think some other guys on here have come across same thing.

That did happen a few years back but now they always ask for the registration and then tell you what the car is so surely it's difficult to make the same mistake now? If they do then as long as the reg. is correct on the documents then the responsibility is theirs I would think?

Paul

keith michaels just quoted me 1475, over 500 squid less than Sky!

going to go back to sky tomorrow (jae is poorly today) n see if they can beat it.

if they cant, keith michaels it is,

if they can, ill be a bit annoyed they didnt give me a slightly better renewal quote!

reccomend John at Keith Michael for anyone trying to beat a Sky renewal quote or battle them down.

...and KM do like for like on mod replacement!

Jae was off sick yesterday as well, try speaking to Scott, he helped me out.

Mike

perhaps,

but if he is 30 something then that isnt very good considering

stop talking about me like im not here! lol

im still twenty something, but its most definately the DD and nothing else,

most insurers that quote for mods dont do convictions, and guess what most insurers that do convictions wont do?

theres only about 6 places in the country that'll even give me a quote!

first quote i got last year was over 4 grand and is the insurer that all the bad boy premiership football players that stack their rarri every other week use!

bodykit is insured as 'full TRD bodykit' best not to elaborate on just how full it is unless asked!