The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Blackpool Supra Owners

Guest SupraTTAeroMatt

Guest SupraTTAeroMatt

Hello all,

I'm looking for info from people who own Supra's (imports for preference) in the Blackpool area.

I just really want to know where you take your motor when it requires servicing/repairing?

I am in the process of getting my timing belt changed at Harry Feenies and am sure that a) they are pulling a fast one on prices and b) they don't have a f*@^ing clue what they're doing (they ordered the wrong timing belt, clap clap!)

I've only had my motor for a little while and not needed much done but any advice anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

Guest SupraTTAeroMatt

great lads much appreciated, I've just checked out their web site and looks like they'll be able to help out with the works.

REALLY wish I'd asked before they had my car now, ha ha. Still hopefully they'll manage to get the right belt and not blow the engine :hang:

I think Wez_P knows someone who works at Harry Feeneys, you could try pming him to try and find out what they are like, and perhaps get an honest opinion on what they know about Supras.

I have in the past used Envy in Newcastle, mainly because they know my specific car's history as I bought it from a member who lives in Blyth Northumberland, and had all the servicing done there.

Plenty of members rate Chris Wilson in Shropshire.

I've heard lots of good things about Hyper, and I'm also arranging a rolling road session there on the 23rd of September, if you want to pop along :) :hijack:

I'm going to move this thread to Supra Chat as it's not really event related.

Mike

btw whereabouts in Blackpool are you?

Hello all,

I'm looking for info from people who own Supra's (imports for preference) in the Blackpool area.

I just really want to know where you take your motor when it requires servicing/repairing?

I am in the process of getting my timing belt changed at Harry Feenies and am sure that a) they are pulling a fast one on prices and b) they don't have a f*@^ing clue what they're doing (they ordered the wrong timing belt, clap clap!)

I've only had my motor for a little while and not needed much done but any advice anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

OH FOOK. Bought mine from b/pool last sept, just had a service by H/Feenies including timing belt:blink: :blink:

I've used TDI North in Warrington for my first service but will probably take to HSR for the cambelt change soon.

Not used Feeney's for anything yet so no experience of them regarding servicing. Although they did sell Supras when they were knew so you'd think they should know their way around the car.

Guest SupraTTAeroMatt

I'm actually just outside B/pool Pixelfill, in Ansdell but obviously B/pool is the place people will know.

I would be interested in coming down to the rolling road day on 23rd sept, would be good to check the place out as well for future use.

I assumed Feeneys would know everything as well, and i'm sure deep down they do, probably just been so long since they worked on decent cars................:oops:

Anyway, to give them the benefit of the doubt, I'm not convinced any of them can read Japanese which the sup is written in, ha ha.

Matt

I'm actually just outside B/pool Pixelfill, in Ansdell but obviously B/pool is the place people will know.

I would be interested in coming down to the rolling road day on 23rd sept, would be good to check the place out as well for future use.

I assumed Feeneys would know everything as well, and i'm sure deep down they do, probably just been so long since they worked on decent cars................:oops:

Anyway, to give them the benefit of the doubt, I'm not convinced any of them can read Japanese which the sup is written in, ha ha.

Matt

I'll probably see you about a fair bit then, I frequently go that way too and from Blackpool, passed the back of Ansdell, through to Cypress Point - Heyhouses lane. In fact I'll probably be coming back that way tomorrow morning at about 6:00am I'm dropping someone off at the airport. :blink:

If you fancy coming down to the rolling road, out your name down, and we'll organise a convoy down nearer to the date.

will be good to see you about at some point. btw - what colour car do you have in case I've already seen you about.

Mike

Hi Matt

No need to go out of town for service work!

I’ve been using 'Pypers Garage' Rawcliffe street, South Shore for nearly 5 years and the odd occasion 'P. Rodgers Motor Services' Henry Street behind the football ground. A seasoned mechanic and trust him with anything! Any fine tuning or rolling road work I go to 'Teg Sport' Carnforth (Town End Garage)

All of these guy's have done me proud working on all my Imports over the years.

O and by the way I live in Station Road, adjacent to South Pier.

Good luck, Simon