The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Has anyone bought a supra tt without actually driving one?

Supradan

I am having my gz tt imported at the moment and when it arrives and i pick it up it will be the frst time i have ever driven a TT,actually it will only be the second time i have even been in one hehehe.I put off trying one for ages as i knew i would have to have one and the na would feel slow afterwards.

I was wondering if anyone else had actually bought a TT without ever driving one.

It sounds crazy to buy a car without ever driving one but i love my na supe and the same car with 50% more power can only be a good thing eh?:D :d

Had you driven any TT`s before agreeing to buy that one?

Yes, four but only test drives whilst shopping. Had read a fair bit from this site on what to watch out for. Had an RAC check done for £60 and used:-

https://www.freevehiclecheck.co.uk/

All this before parting with my hard earned. I am not mechanically minded and needed some assurances.

I was happy with my na untill fifty (rich) took me out in his,its going to be fun finding out how much of a difference there is between na`s and tts.Im looking foward to driving it home hehehe

The smile will go on & on.....

You have picked a good spec one there - whos importing for you?

Whereabouts in cornwall are you - i have a few ties and history down there:)

Yep, i bought mine crash damaged to fix up. Had it a year now and it's still not done :banghead: I've only driven it on and off trailers so far!

It's nearly done though, and if i hadn't been out of work recently it would have been finished by now.

I was happy with my na untill fifty (rich) took me out in his,its going to be fun finding out how much of a difference there is between na`s and tts.Im looking foward to driving it home hehehe

There is a definate difference in running costs. Im coping ok but quite surprised by fuel cost differences. In the NA you could put your foot to the floor and notice a difference in fuel used but you know...nothing to grumble at really.

Put your foot down in a TT a few times and you know it by looking at the fuel gauge alone.

The smile will go on & on.....

You have picked a good spec one there - whos importing for you?

Whereabouts in cornwall are you - i have a few ties and history down there:)

Its being imported through torque imports of plymouth.

Im from st austell (mid cornwall) born and bread hehe:D

Never drove a soop before buying mine, only ever sat in scoboblios one once and then got taken around the block by the guy I bought mine from.

When he passed me the keys after I bought it I crapped myself, worried that I would launch it into a tree on the first bend.

Had to drive it from Tamworth all the way to Chelmsford in torrential rain.

Steer from the rear baby!

Found it incredibly controllable and only spun the wheels when I meant to do it. Be sensible and you'll have no problems.

I did Dan and it put the shits up me quite frankly when trying to come to terms with the turbos and the handling etc.

I have worked it out that my car has done 70 miles per month (over 30 months of ownership) so it still is an unreckonable force. (I don't spend much time in the UK to use it).

You'll be pleasantly surprised Sir!

Regards mate, Andrew
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_grin.gif

I was wondering if anyone else had actually bought a TT without ever driving one.

I did Dan and it put the shits up me quite frankly when trying to come to terms with the turbos and the handling etc.

I have worked it out that my car has done 70 miles per month (over 30 months of ownership) so it still is an unreckonable force. (I don't spend much time in the UK to use it).

You'll be pleasantly surprised Sir!

Regards mate, Andrew
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_grin.gif

Thats what i like to hear lol:D :D

Marktheboy i noticed in your thread that you are after a catback system?

The TT im getting has a stainless steel veilside exhaust (cat back)

I will be selling this as i have a brand new hks Ti sitting under my bed,not sure on price as i dont know the cond

Well interested matey, any idea of the exact model?

Are you planning to fit your new one straight away?

Don't suppose you can get any piccies can you?

Good luck with the car, let us know how you get on... Welcome to the awesome world of twin tubbies :D