The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Changing rear bushes

markssupra

NO!

those bushes are available seperate,

only if the ball-joints knackered do you need the complete arm,

mine is replaced with those Poly items

if he's doing poly ones, he will have to do both sides. Also if they are original arms on there, the balljoint aint going to be the best

Mark, I can supply brand new OEM Toyota rear upper arms for £114 + postage.

Replacing the complete arm would be easier than replacing just the bushes, so what you spend on parts you will save on labour cost. Replacing the complete arm also means you get the benefit of new ball joint, which are an intergral part of the arm ie. cannot be replaced separately.

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/9123/rruparmcb2.jpg

Thanks Nic. Whats an approx cost for postage?.

I assume I would need to take the arm off anyway to remove the bushes, so easier to replace whole thing.

I,m not in a hurry for this as it was only an advisory notice on the mot, probably couple of months time I'll get round to it.

I only made this mistake once, when I didn't know any better.

Poly bushes: Squeek squeek, thump thump

Spent quality time under the car spraying WD40 to shut them up for a while, but they would start again.

On a track car yes, on a road car no thanks.

There are different combos and qualities ofcourse, but how do you know that yours will fit like OEM? (you don't!)

, but how do you know that yours will fit like OEM? (you don't!)

YES i do,

Why? Cos i done it and fitted them PROPERLY, well over a year now and no hint of a squeak, or faffing about with a WD40 can:blink: !

You`ve fitted them wrong m8, or they`re crap quality.

Thanks Nic. Whats an approx cost for postage?.

I assume I would need to take the arm off anyway to remove the bushes, so easier to replace whole thing.

I,m not in a hurry for this as it was only an advisory notice on the mot, probably couple of months time I'll get round to it.

Postage would be around £18 for one or £30 for both sides.

I'd advise replacing both sides together, if one has gone then the other side may well be on it's last legs, best to keep things equally balanced left and right. I'd also do a thorough check of all the bushes front and rear, given the age of most Supras now I'm sure a lot of cars will be running around on worn suspension now.

I am puttong together prices for a group buy of suspension components at the moment, I'll post details in my section shortly.