The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lifting a Supra?

rob wild

Yeah that sort of idea maybe :) but i limited on space. I really was looking for something that you could push the car onto i.e. putting both wheels on the scissor tabel then lift front end up probably only a foot or so and then use my creeper to go under, rather than messing about like i have to at the moment with jacks and axle stands / ramps etc.

http://www.hamercarlift.com/ if you don't have room for the ramps (not cheap though)

Cheers guys i think i'm going to ring these guys because they are not to far from me and see if they will do a custom version.

Really i just want a two ramp version of the above. I'm not to bothered about the price but would rather not spend a grand tbh. If i get any where with them ill post the details if anybody else is interested.

Ideally i would have the yours chris but i think the guy over the road would have a fit!!! (he's a right pain in the backside!)

Id shit my pants rolling my car onto its side like that...and as RedM said, all the fluids would be all over the place,fuel,coolant,oil,atf fluids ..... :(

I don't know if I like the look of that "rolling the car onto it's side" business. :scared:

The roll-over thing is simply ridiculous.:blink:

Just for the record I wasn't seriously suggesting anyone use that gizmo for their Supra! I thought it would be an amusing post.

I saw them on demo at a kit show last year and couldn't believe what an insane idea they were.

Perhaps fine during build or restoration, but not for an operating car.