The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Worth it guys? New pulley set on Ebay

Sheefa

Hi all,

Is it worth purchasing this and for how much would you say max?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Supra-Full-pulley-kit-inc-crank-waterpump_W0QQitemZ220018448073QQihZ012QQcategoryZ72205QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Anyone had any experience with it and are they much stronger than originals?

Also looking at this, but is it cheap and tacky?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/93-99-RHD-Toyota-Supra-NA-Turbo-carbon-fiber-trims_W0QQitemZ140019499236QQihZ004QQcategoryZ72213QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers.;)

Greg

Hi all,

Is it worth purchasing this and for how much would you say max?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Supra-Full-pulley-kit-inc-crank-waterpump_W0QQitemZ220018448073QQihZ012QQcategoryZ72205QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Anyone had any experience with it and are they much stronger than originals?

Also looking at this, but is it cheap and tacky?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/93-99-RHD-Toyota-Supra-NA-Turbo-carbon-fiber-trims_W0QQitemZ140019499236QQihZ004QQcategoryZ72213QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers.;)

Greg

I had similar thoughts on the pulley set - then I realised that the company is located just up the road a little from me so I might pop in and see what I can get seperately as I only really want to bling up the PS pump pulley :D

As to the carbon trim - leave it!! There are much better sets (can't remember the seller) which look mint - genuine carbon weave (I know - I tried to cut it) with a thick (2mm) layer of plastic over the top. Looks the mutts IMHO :)

I had similar thoughts on the pulley set - then I realised that the company is located just up the road a little from me so I might pop in and see what I can get seperately as I only really want to bling up the PS pump pulley :D

As to the carbon trim - leave it!! There are much better sets (can't remember the seller) which look mint - genuine carbon weave (I know - I tried to cut it) with a thick (2mm) layer of plastic over the top. Looks the mutts IMHO :)

So is it basically just engine bling, or does it improve engine and car sustainability?

Any ideas of who does good dash kits on the forum then guys? Thanks.

Thanks Bob, wish I had a clue what that meant but helpful skeptiscm none-the-less!;)

lol, sorry mate was more a 'thinking aloud' kinda thing, but typed!

As i understand it the crank pulley is harmonically balanced, hence why uprated ones such as the BoostLogic one are so expensive - getting rid of the balancing can do very nasty things to your engine.

Also my (limited!) understanding of underdrive pulleys is that they basically save a miniscule bit of power by making the component run a little bit less; surely not something that is particularly desirable on either the water pump for cooling, the alternator for ICE installs or the power steering for, um, steering (OK, I'm clutching at straws on the last one!)

As I say, that's my limited understanding anyway, would be nice if one of the site brainiacs could elaborate :)

Good enough for me Bob you portal of knowledge you. Cheers mate. Can see exactly where you're coming from. A poor alternator with a Boost Controller, Fully integrated SatNav, Fuel/Air Gauge and Road Angel that underperforms is most definately another flat battery incident! :)

So is it basically just engine bling, or does it improve engine and car sustainability?

For me just bling! I don't know if it would make any genuine performance improvements and, having read somewhere on here of the problems another member had removing his crank pulley, I don't really fancy the hassle that much:)