The mkiv Supra Owners Club

brake calipers which colour ?

hulse

my break calipers are looking a little worse for wear, i have only had the car 1 week but fell they let the appearance of the car down. the car is imported but i have beem told it has had a uk spec coversion done as they are very large. Im going to keep the supra logo on them prob in white. I have seen the stickers on ebay so just need to decide what colour to go for my car is a blue/green and the wheels are a magnesium colour please see photos.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l95/hulse_2006/DSC00071.jpg

many thanks

I've just painted my calipers black - used the 2 part Foliatec from Halfrauds. Seems decent enough, and easy to use. I also used a soft wire brush, copious amounts of brake cleaner (which also comes in the Foliatec pack, luckily), and some wire wool to get as much crap off as possible. I also had all my calipers apart on the workbench to do them which made things a hell of a lot easier! :)

i might go black with silver writing

:thumbs: Good choice, exactly what I had done to my old calipers. Or have a think of other dark colours to match the car.

Hadn't got the heart to paint my new ones, but to be honest they don't look as green as I thought they would and blend in nicely :)

black or same colour as Bodywork.

deffo not red, makes you look like a wanna be brembo owner!

always makes me laugh when chavvy cars have their rear drums painted red/gold, - theyre drums! why on earth would you want to emphasize that!

hummm... I was gonna paint mine red when I get some new wheels - thought it would look good on a black car, but see what you mean about the brembo wanna be... not so sure now :conf: