The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Exhaust Problem (pics)

Andy Supra

Did a search but couldn't find the info I was looking for.

Basically at work every day i've 12 speed bumps to head over and the first and last are massive, I angle them but I always get a little scrap, the other day I caught it wrong and it grounded pushing the pipe which I guess has caused this problem added to wear and tear over time?

I basically need to know the following.

1.) is there a stainless steel pipe I can get from decat back to backbox?

2.) is the pipe between the backbox shown in the picture to the next section changable or will I need a new backbox?

3.) who could supply these parts if available?

Was going to get a Do-Luck front this month but need this sorted a.s.a.p, it's the same the other side so not much pipe is actually connected to the back box so guessing putting a large strain on the pipe connected.

Exhaust in question is a HKS Dragon.

andy,, that is a hks super drager exhaust.. they are in two parts from the cat back and they come a kit new, they cost around £ 450-500.

unfortunetly you have to buy a new system as the back box is part of the part of the pipework.

most traders on here can supply you a stainless system from around £400 pound.

if ground clearance is an issue for you then i suggest staying clear of the nur spec system, go for a hks hi-pwer instead

Yep me too.. came with an HKS super drager, but it rusted and holed... had it patched up and then the wadding in the silencer disappeared out the back which made it jolly loud, so it was time to get a new exhaust. I still keep the exhaust though as I do like the can and i would consider getting custom pipework and a can repack and then re using it.

So it's if possible to be repaired then? a friend suggested the same thing. I wouldn't know where to take it for someone to do this though?

Would any professional welder do this?

Yes any reasonable welder could patch it up, try a garage or exhaust place, and it would last until the next hole appeared, which could be a month or a year, all mild steel exhausts will rust from the inside out, but it would give you time to sort a replacement.