The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Competition No1 and No2 (in two parts) for money

pump gas pete

Last post for a little while as I have to do some work to earn the money for these wunnerful wunnerful prizes.

Competition No1

£50 to the person who guesses the right BHP of "Supranatural " on the Hub Dyno that we have not sorted out yet .

The only alterations on the engine since the last Dyno run will be...

1200cc injectors....billet crank (same stroke)...er ...new rods.....pistons....I think they are HKS but don't quote me and some more heat and air management stuff. Oh and EVERYTHING is balanced.

The competition is valid for figures on the day PROVIDING we do not have a "problem" that stops us running beyond 700rhhp. (In that event competition rolls over to the next session when the problem is cured.)

Competition No2,

This is connected in a roundabout way to No 1.

We want to get the car out at JAE on Oct. 8

Our target is to have the quickest Pump Gas Supra 6 speed in the UK.

So no pressure then! In an ideal world we could give Gaz a hard time in the "Envy" Supra but.........

I am old.....and have not driven the car for two years....its unsorted....I have not been up the strip for 3/4 years.....a couple of the things I would like on the car won't be on the car.....it may rain.....I may not be in the mood.....

So the competion is £50 for the closest guess to elapsed time the car does on the day........and £50 for the closest to the terminal speed the car does on the day.

I have been posting clues for a couple of weeks for this competition but as Gaz brought the subject of JAE up well....sod it lets go for it!!!

Since the OK from Darren to get the car ready for then I have shuffled space around at work for the table tennis table.....speeds reactions and may lose me a few pounds.....every hundredth helpeth!

I will post other bits and pieces which may be of use to you ast o what WE think it will run and what power it will make.

Good Luck

ps We will ask MonkeyMark keeper of the MKIV archive to adjudicate on the winner/winners.

Peter

Michael many a true word spoken in jest!!!

I hope that you do not win the on the race prediction.

Your dyno prediction is invalid ......If we don't run 700 then we will put the prize off until car is "fixed" and does run above 700. Assuming we have not lunched the box on the dyno in which case rule 78 subsection c item 9 will be invoked which in the extended rules available for this competition states ....quite clearly.....and I quote

" no person shall win the prize if that person shall have been deemed to have put a jinx on the car"

peter